Just dance= a workout?

Options
Has anyon ever played the wii game Just Dance as a part of their workout routine?

Replies

• MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have a wii but don't have the dance game but one of the things that I have been doing is during my work day I take a break, put on some music, and just dance around my office. It's an intense enough activity that it always registered on my Fitbit. But yes dancing is one of my favorite workouts.
  • tortgirl
    tortgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have all the Just Dance games except 2015 (didn't like the song list). It's a great workout. I get about 3k steps in 50 minutes. It's a lot of fun and gets you moving. I also have the zumba games. I get even more steps with those games. If it's fun and gets you moving, go for it. I've been doing wii games (I also have the MJ experience, Dance on Broadway, and Hip Hop dance experience) for almost a year. Some games are better than others but the fun part is beating the game. And if it takes you a few weeks (months even), imagine how much of a sweat you'll work up over time.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    tortgirl wrote: »
    I have all the Just Dance games except 2015 (didn't like the song list). It's a great workout. I get about 3k steps in 50 minutes. It's a lot of fun and gets you moving. I also have the zumba games. I get even more steps with those games. If it's fun and gets you moving, go for it. I've been doing wii games (I also have the MJ experience, Dance on Broadway, and Hip Hop dance experience) for almost a year. Some games are better than others but the fun part is beating the game. And if it takes you a few weeks (months even), imagine how much of a sweat you'll work up over time.

Thanks! I have noticed the amount of sweat that rapidly appears during this game and thought "this has to count for something!!"
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have done Dance Central for Kinect and it has a 'workout mode' where it tracks your calories burned. Even if the burn they had was inflated, it was still a pretty good workout, especially considering how fun it is!