Motivation for pregnant women

Options
msstatz
msstatz Posts: 163 Member
I just thought I would share my experience with you all. I recently had baby #6. Once the morning sickness wore off at 17 weeks pregnant, I started working out again. I had been active before becoming pregnant so working out during pregnancy was not a health risk. I started out walking and doing stairs either hand weights alternated with strength training and body weight exercises. I then moved onto running and more/harder strength training. I eventually worked up to running a half marathon at 30 weeks. I worked out hard. I also ate healthy most of the time with occasional splurges here and there. I started out at 130lbs and ended up gaining 33lbs which was more than I was hoping to gain. I didn't weigh myself until I was 1 week postpartum. I was shocked to find out that j had already lost 29 of 33 lbs, leaving me to only have 4lbs to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. I believe that my only gained what it needed and therefore was able to lose the weight quickly. I also took my measurements throughout my pregnancy and the only places I gained inches was in my belly and hips and I only gained a couple of inches total.

I just thought I would share my experience of a fit pregnancy.

Replies

• ChelsMorrell89
    ChelsMorrell89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow...I can only hope when I have kids my experience is similar to yours!! Lol. No reason not to be active during pregnancy and a lot of people use it at an excuse to eat junk so kudos to you!!
  • msstatz
    Options
    m7tzvhmdlrxl.jpg

39 weeks pregnant
  • msstatz
    Options
    Thank you! I didn't work out with my previous pregnancies and I wish I would have.
    Wow...I can only hope when I have kids my experience is similar to yours!! Lol. No reason not to be active during pregnancy and a lot of people use it at an excuse to eat junk so kudos to you!!

• Vnhealth
    Vnhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration. We are TTC for our 2nd and I really want to be a fit and strong mom throughout pregnancy and postpartum just like you. Thanks for posting your story. :)
  • spk1982
    spk1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow well done!! U r very disciplined!

Hi how old is ur baby? I have a 2 month old daughter . I also have a 4 year old son, hoping to get back in shape soon. I was successful after my first delivery, started doing things right just a couple weeks back! Lack of sleep sometimes makes me sluggish, but the post workout endorphins motivate me :)

• Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Thanks for sharing
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I'm 26 weeks with baby #2. Gained 60 with my first, so far have only gained 10-12 with this one. I'm hoping to gain enough for a healthy baby, but not to have to lose any/much extra after he's here :). Glad to know it can be done!
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Dang!
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only hope to be that awesome looking with my next kid. The last one I was working as a waitress and no one even noticed until I was 39 weeks. One of my coworkers somehow didn't know and she said she just thought I liked the biscuits. Hahah.
  • chamcmillan
    chamcmillan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I am currently pregnant with baby number 4. I teach body pump, run a few miles a week (Have actually completed several half marathons), and take spin. I have been working out for years and will continue to do so throughout this pregnancy. My body is very use to working out so I am glad to see others work out throughout their pregnancy. I think I might get a t-shirt printed that says "Yes I am pregnant and what?" to wear to the gym because I am already getting people looking at me crazy lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!