Spin cyclers question

Options
what are you wearing for shorts/pants etc for spin classes? I'm getting holes in normal cotton blend gym pants within six weeks of wear (four spin classes a week, so no excessive). I know it's the spin classes causing the holes as I row five times a week and have no issues with holes in the cotton gym pants on the C2 erg. I've never had this problem in years of rowing, so it has to be the spin acrtion. Any advice on what works for you? Thanks.

Replies

• annastacia10
    annastacia10 Posts: 106
    Options
    Anything with more spandex than cotton works much better for spinning....all spandex is ideal if you can stand it. lol Good luck with not getting any more holes!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with my basketball shorts and i did it twice a week for over a year (twice).
  • jasonpite
    jasonpite Posts: 1
    Options
    I wear Team Sky Pro Cycling bib shorts, comfy and great quality so no issues with any kind of wear and tear.
  • nrstrange
    nrstrange Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always wear cycling shorts, but that is because my rear would be sore if I didn't have the padding that comes in the shorts.
  • Keesy
    Keesy Posts: 7
    Options
    I always wear cycling shorts, but that is because my rear would be sore if I didn't have the padding that comes in the shorts.

Ha ha - my mate swears by a gel pad seat, which I call her Whoopie Cushion. I don't feel a thing because of all the rowing. Meethinks spandex might have to be the go, eww I hate the shiny stuff.
  • sweetums85
    sweetums85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i was using skin tight 3/4 pants and same thing happend i am using thicker shorts atm however i have just purchase some licra 3/4 bike padded pants on ebay waiting for them to arrive so hopefully they will be more comfy and last longer
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wear nike dri-fit capri pants and not had a problem with holes in 2 years.