Is juicing bad?

Options
I really want to try juicing for 3 to 7 days but I'm not sure if it's bad for me I feel like I need a kickstart. I've lost about 30 pounds in the last four months but now I just keep falling off! Is it all that bad?

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It's not bad, but it's also not a miracle. Your essentially eliminating all the natural fiber (with a traditional juicer) but retaining all the calories.

You can still drink enough juice to go over your daily calorie goal, so you need to be conscious of how much you consume.

Personally, I offered to eat my calories.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat my fruit and veg whole that juice it.
  • Gutierrezmartha1992
    Options
    Thank you, I plan on keeping all the fiber by blending it as opposed to a juicer which eliminates all the great fibers. I forgot to mention I didn't loose weight by juicing by by eating healthier and kicking *kitten* at the gym lol

You're right about that I will have to think about it
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You will hit more home runs but if they catch you it will cost you 40 games.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    It's not good and this is why: juicing removes fiber. Fiber moderates the insulin response to sugar. Without it you get an energy boost then crash and are hungry again (glucose high->insulin spike-> glucose low). With fiber your energy is sustained (no insulin spike and gradual glucose increase). Fiber also makes you feel full longer. This is in addition to preventing glucose whiplash. And it's food for a healthy microbiome. Why anyone would want to REMOVE fiber from their diet is hard to understand.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh, sorry. Blending is fine. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It's only necessary if you're violet!
    jqntw4cqpf86.jpeg
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    You will hit more home runs but if they catch you it will cost you 40 games.

Brilliant
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You do not need a "kickstart". You are not a dirtbike. Eat at a consistent deficit and be patient. You'll get there.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My problem with juicing/blending is it doesnt fill me up and am starving within 30 minutes. But there is nothing wrong or bad about it. If you want a quick way of getting nutrients by all means.