TRYING TO LOSE 50-60 POUNDS?

Options
2»

Replies

• amy_j28
    amy_j28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am working to lose 50-60 lbs as well, but I've set my goal for January of next year (I started January of this year). So far I've lost 20 lbs- which is between 1-1.5 lbs/week. July seems like a very unrealistic goal. I agree with most other posters, focus on 1-1.5 lbs/week and you may be able to lose at least 20 by July. The ultimate goal should be to become a healthier person and not just drop weight quickly. Slow and steady is always better.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic goal. Took me about 5-6 months to lose that much. And THAT was fast.
  • allyxnatara11
    allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What is up with July?! That seems to be the deadline a lot of these foolish people are setting at the moment. Please, enlighten me? WHAT HAPPENS IN JULY?

its not "foolish" my anniversary is in July
  • allyxnatara11
    allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    welp, it was worth asking.. i better lose SOMETHING by July

again, since I don't think ppl read it lol
  • poppatha
    poppatha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is up with July?! That seems to be the deadline a lot of these foolish people are setting at the moment. Please, enlighten me? WHAT HAPPENS IN JULY?

For me it's graduation, but maybe holidays?
  • toya27ts
    toya27ts Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Ha I know right! Probably weddings, holidays, suddenly having to contemplate wearing a swimsuit or bikini in public!
    I've got a wedding coming up this July, so I started getting serious last July. Even a year may not be long enough to lose over 50lbs!

It could even be a high reunion
  • toya27ts
    toya27ts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I once set an impossible weight loss goal too. And I like to killed myself trying to achieve it. It was stressful, constantly checking the scale feeling let down n unaccomplished. So avoid the same mistake I made. Take it slow and healthy