Don't do it for them, do it for you.

Options
I have tried 6 times before to lose weight & it was always for someone else whether it was to "prove someone wrong" or do it because they wanted me to. Jan 13, 2015 I woke up, looked at myself in the mirror & didn't feel beautiful anymore so I joined a gym. No one is going to change you & you can't change anyone else. You have to do things because you want to better your life! I always rolled my eyes at people who would say "When you truly believe in yourself you can do anything". I always thought YEAAAAHHHHH RIGHT! I do believe this now though.

Replies

• Drayface15
    Drayface15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So glad you are doing this for you! You deserve to look and feel good --and for your own benefit above anyone else's. Just know that you are worth the work!
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Drayface15 wrote: »
    So glad you are doing this for you! You deserve to look and feel good --and for your own benefit above anyone else's. Just know that you are worth the work!

Aww thank you!!
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cool, so glad you woke up. I woke up a long time ago. But my problem is having supporting friends and family, which I never had. So it is hard sometimes going through these challenges alone.
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    Cool, so glad you woke up. I woke up a long time ago. But my problem is having supporting friends and family, which I never had. So it is hard sometimes going through these challenges alone.

I am a very shy person so I don't have a lot of friends.. I joined a bible study now I have 4 friends that support me! You have to join things & be open to talk to ppl even if you're scared.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am trying. I plan on trying to join some clubs or groups.
  • benjaminac
    benjaminac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your post is spot on. Being driven by your own goal is the best approach. Believing in yourself is the key to success. My story is similar to yours. I also took a stand for myself in January. I willingly admit that this journey is more than difficult. It's a daily battle from the moment I open my eyes. So far I have possessed the strength to see change. I've found that it's important to set realistic and attainable goals. I've also accepted that with success, there will be failure. And somedays failure may rise above success. But, I'm going to keep pushing. I'm inspired in knowing there are others that take on the same challenges. Stay strong. Best of luck on your journey!
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    benjaminac wrote: »
    Your post is spot on. Being driven by your own goal is the best approach. Believing in yourself is the key to success. My story is similar to yours. I also took a stand for myself in January. I willingly admit that this journey is more than difficult. It's a daily battle from the moment I open my eyes. So far I have possessed the strength to see change. I've found that it's important to set realistic and attainable goals. I've also accepted that with success, there will be failure. And somedays failure may rise above success. But, I'm going to keep pushing. I'm inspired in knowing there are others that take on the same challenges. Stay strong. Best of luck on your journey!

Thanks you too :)
  • salemthecat27
    salemthecat27 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can do this! Just keep your goals in the front of your mind and you will overcome all that has stopped you in the past!
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can do this! Just keep your goals in the front of your mind and you will overcome all that has stopped you in the past!