Stationary Bicycling and doubling up in 1 day.

I bought a stationary bike. I ride it vigorously for 30 minutes and burn about 325 calories in 30 minutes. Will it hurt me if I double up on my exercising? I want to eat something that would go over my calories if I don't. If so, can this be done even if it's not to eat something a bit fattening?

Thanks.

Replies

• Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    I bought a stationary bike. I ride it vigorously for 30 minutes and burn about 325 calories in 30 minutes. Will it hurt me if I double up on my exercising? I want to eat something that would go over my calories if I don't. If so, can this be done even if it's not to eat something a bit fattening?

Thanks.
  • auburnskye
    auburnskye Posts: 10 Member
    I would think increased activity can never be a BAD thing, unless it's painful to your body.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by double up on your exercise, but if you mean can you ride for an hour or swim later in the day, sure, more is better.

That being said the object here is to get yourself healthy, if you are exercising because it's Christmas and you want to eat one of your mom's rum balls that she only makes once a year. Then ride that bike until you've earned it. If you are late nite eating or binging then you'd be better working on trying to fix the core issue.

In any event it's very hard to overdo exercise.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    I rode my bike for 40 min when I got home on Tuesday, went and had Mexican, then played soccer later the night. I had 150 caloires to spare at the end of the night. I felt great and was happy that I had planned ahead knowing I was going to eat bad. Why not?! :happy:
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    I guess I'm asking for reasons that it might do something with my metabolism??? I'm such a ding dong...not sure..but I ate really healthy today and would love to have some chips and dip tonight while watching a movie, but would require me working out 30 more minutes....I know working out wouldn't hurt...but would it make a difference with the calories.