364 pounds ..Help x

Options

Replies

• keishakylejohnson
    keishakylejohnson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everything I wanted to say, someone else has said but I will add that you can do this thing!!! :) I started at 299 and i'm down to 244. It's been 2.5 years and it has seemed forever, but slow and steady wins the race. You just have to stay determined, set goals for yourself and stick to it!!
  • minkeemoo
    minkeemoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Aw thank u for your reply x and Well done xx fingers crossed I can do as well xx have a fab week x
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    minkeemoo wrote: »
    :( just starting my journey ..would love any tips please I am 39 and 5 feet 8. I am disgusted in myself but looking forward to getting my life back xx hop :( e yr all great xx

My only piece of advice: there will come a day when you don't want to log. You're tired, you binged and are afraid of that number, whatever. Do it anyway. Even if you have to force yourself, even if it makes you cry do it. Because after that one time logging becomes so much easier and everything makes so much more sense.

Thank you ..I have dne this today when I started ..I was terrified to get weighed but though sod it!! Made a start now and it is sooo lovely having some many lovey people like yourself who have taken the time to share their tips xx thank you x

You will do awesome!
    And thanks for the compliment! Personally I can be a bit of a jerkwad sometimes, but I'm a jerkwad that cares.

Thanks you x and I think we all be a jerkwad sometimes haha x hope you have a great week x
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Food Scale. Cook your own food as much as possible. Weigh as much of your food as you possibly can. Log it. Get out and move around, or move around inside if that's not a workable option just yet. Even walking is a big help, especially early on while you get used to everything. You can do it. :)
  • sadiqajamilla
    sadiqajamilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm right where you are! I just started and I am at 365 now down 5lbs this week. I'm also 39 and a mom of 5. Oldest 22 and youngest 3 months old. It seems a bit daunting, but little by little we will get there.
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    Hi so nice to know someone is in the same boat x lovely to meet u and well done on ur 5 lb loss xx
  • sadiqajamilla
    sadiqajamilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi so nice to know someone is in the same boat x lovely to meet u and well done on ur 5 lb loss xx
    Thanks!!!
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    Realize you're fat and need a change. Stop eating everything you see. Don't eat crap today, be lighter tomorrow. In the beginning don't worry about what you eat, just make sure that you're below your calorie intake. You will not lose weight if you're not burning more than you eat. Eat reasonably, eat below 2300 for the first week, and 2000 weekly after week 1.

Hi and thanks for your reply ..makes a lot of sense I've had 3 great days on plan now ..feels great having a goal again x hope u have a great week
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Find out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight.

Eat less calories than that number every day. At your weight, up to 1000 calories less than that number.

Reevaluate as you lose weight. As long as you have some level of deficit, you will lose weight. Don't freak out if you had a 1000 calorie deficit yesterday but then today you had a 250 calorie deficit. A large deficit is ambitious, but if you have days with only a small deficit, that's not a failure, it's an accomplishment, you're still doing what you're supposed to be doing.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    eat less and move more first of all. Secondly, I would suggest that you don't give up any food that you love, including sweets and chips, or whatever the case may be. I've done that, and when I got to my goal weight, I went wild with the foods that I missed and gained all my weight back. Just have a little instead of a lot and log log log those calories. Good luck! You can do it and you WILL do it, just don't give up ever!

I had a similar experience. Eating at a calorie deficit is first, but eating regular food you love is key.
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Find out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight.

Eat less calories than that number every day. At your weight, up to 1000 calories less than that number.

Reevaluate as you lose weight. As long as you have some level of deficit, you will lose weight. Don't freak out if you had a 1000 calorie deficit yesterday but then today you had a 250 calorie deficit. A large deficit is ambitious, but if you have days with only a small deficit, that's not a failure, it's an accomplishment, you're still doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Thank you for your reply x to maintain my intake is 2304 I am having about 1600 at the min only been 4 days but feel so much cleaner inside if that makes sense ..The support on here from people like yourself is so lovely .. Thank you and hope you enjoy your week x
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    Food Scale. Cook your own food as much as possible. Weigh as much of your food as you possibly can. Log it. Get out and move around, or move around inside if that's not a workable option just yet. Even walking is a big help, especially early on while you get used to everything. You can do it. :)

Thank you x I am trying to walk more ..I feel embarrassed to be seen so have avoided going out ..but know I have to start xx many thanks hope you enjoy your week x
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    So much excellent advice in this post already, I can't think of a thing to add! So I just want to say: you can do this!!! Just being here is a huge step in the right direction, so congratulations! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :)

Hi aww thank you for your lovely reply xx and your right such fab advice x hope u have a great week xx
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You can do this, I started 15 months ago and I am down almost 100 pounds and I started at 370! You can do this, you will learn along the way.... would love to be friends if you need support and motivation!
  • FrostAyy
    FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cut out liquid calories. They're the ones you miss the least.
  • lowcarber87
    lowcarber87 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please make sure you are not insulin resistant. You can do this by going to your doctor and getting a blood test.

It's imperative because calories in v calories out may not work for you! I will get shot down by people here but in my experience I cannot eat everything in moderation. A lot of people can but many cant.

My doctor headed me in the direction of little to no carbs or sugar. I don't count calories, I just don't eat sugar or carbs. I have lost 25kg in less than 4 months (with no loss during a 3week Holiday in America).

Low Carb Community:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    Wow Karen WELL DONE what an achievement xx you look fab ..fingers crossed I can do even half as well xxx
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    All that's required is a caloric deficit, so eat less and move more. One of the most import tips one could offer is to buy and use a food scale.
    You've got this!

*Starts chanting obsessively* FOOD SCALE! FOOD SCALE! FOOD SCALE!

It seems tedious but after using it consistently for a while., it becomes a part of your food prep routine. I have grown quite fond of my food scale.
  • minkeemoo
    Options
    FrostAyy wrote: »
    Cut out liquid calories. They're the ones you miss the least.

Thank you ..thankfully I only drink decaf coffee or water no fizz drinks or alcohol ..I am daft enough sober lol x