Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

Hello everyone !

I just started to read about ACV and according to most of the web sites, it heals about everything but stupidity. I tend to take this with a pinch of salt.

Does anyone of you people have ever taken ACV and what were the effects on your health ? Whether it had a positive or a negative effect on you ?

I myself have one TBS of ACV every morning with the juice of one organic lemon and a tsp of raw honey. It upgraded my morning routine with taste. I love bitterness of the stuff.

Thanks !

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I use it for salad dressing. I don't think it's as magical as it is claimed (like most things) - dentist friends say there's lots of issues with tooth enamel erosion from people drinking it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Won't hurt, but claims are wildly exaggerated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • isabellehenry169
    isabellehenry169 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the comments. :-)
    Livingandlivin... : Since I don't have to worry about my teeth anymore, the enamel erosion is something I don't care about. :-) I think people should brush their teeth after meals AND drinks. I would save them a lot of dental bills. :-)
    NInnerbuff : I agree with you, that's why I call out for some experiences. :-)

• i4gv777
    i4gv777 Posts: 17 Member
    A friend of mine is using this for weight loss. She says she lost 31pds already. My grandmother also swears by it. I'm going to try it out. I like the lemon idea you put in yours!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Won't hurt, but claims are wildly exaggerated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

What he said.

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    I read about it, bought it, tried it, gagged on it and now use it as a skin toner!!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    I use it in some recipes. But I swear by it for using it on blackheads (got a teen) it worked better than the prescription stuff. As far as it being the cure all for diet...I do not believe any one thing can be.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    I use it in chicken stock. Soak the carcas in a small amount of water with ACV (so it's concentrated) at least overnight up to a couple days. It leaches nutrients from the bones. When ready to cook, I fill the pot with water, add aromatics and simmer 5-6 hours (can be done in slow cooker). Makes a rich stock that's gelatinous at fridge temp. Also use it in some salad dressings but there are lots of vinegars I like better for that.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    It takes the sting out of a sunburn amazingly. I use it in my pulled pork too. My mom said she drinks it mixed with water and it helps her heart burn.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    star1407 wrote: »
    I read about it, bought it, tried it, gagged on it and now use it as a skin toner!!

I use it as skin toner as well.... I've paid a lot for skin toners before and I feel like ACV works the best.
  • waffletops
    waffletops Posts: 22 Member
    I use Bragg's ... taken in a bit of apple juice .... I've noticed that my skin is a lot fresher and my hair is thicker.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    As with the coconut oil thread...

It's good for your hair ;)

use some in your last rinse, helps get rid of build up.
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    I tried it back in Sept 14'. I ended up with skin rashes and yeast infections. I stopped using it, and the rashes etc cleared up.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    As with the coconut oil thread...

It's good for your hair ;)

use some in your last rinse, helps get rid of build up.

I use it on my hair instead of conditioner. I make a 10% solution with water - not full strength. It gets rid of tangles and leaves your hair smooth. I have also used apple cider vinegar to get rid of a mole.

I wouldn't drink it though!
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    My boyfriend uses it on his skin - windburn irritation from being outdoors - and it works well.

The "real" stuff (such as Bragg's) has probiotics, and i'll use it for a couple of days if I'm getting over a stomach bug or a course of antibiotics. For me, used in these instances, it keeps down bloat, helps restore my 'good bugs', and prevents yeast infections. That used to be a constant side effect of taking antibiotics for me. But every body is different - if your flora and fauna are good to begin with, too much of this stuff will actually cause problems, as another poster reports.

It's of course great for cooking, too!

With so many uses I'd recommend having a bottle around at all times... though for weight loss unrelated to digestive bacteria, I would keep that salt around :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    i4gv777 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is using this for weight loss. She says she lost 31pds already. My grandmother also swears by it. I'm going to try it out. I like the lemon idea you put in yours!

She lost 31lbs just from drinking apple cider vinegar? She just eats and drinks normally, but this magical substance has caused her to drop that much weight? Is that her claim?
  • isabellehenry169
    isabellehenry169 Posts: 7 Member
    I do feel a little rush 30min after I drink the mixture. It's like having a little fever while feeling good, like after a light warm up on a cardio machine. The mornings I didn't drink ACV I didn't feel that high. I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm not a MD or a qualified nutritionist. I am just talking about an effect it has on me. I rinse my mouth seconds after I take it in.