garmin connect

Options
124»

Replies

• zonnasis
    zonnasis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm getting ready to order the Vivofit 2...I think! I've been trying to decide between it and the Fitbit Charge. Would love any feedback on why you chose a Garmin over a Fitbit and any problems you've had with Garmin that would be good for me to know (product or site). Also, what support groups, etc are on MFP for Garmin users (I immediately see the Fitbit group but not one for Garmin. Thanks!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Same ID over there - mwyvr.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    zonnasis wrote: »
    Hi, all! I'm getting ready to order the Vivofit 2...I think!

Have you checked http://www.dcrainmaker.com/ for reviews? Fairly informative. Here's a comparison chart between the two.

I've not looked at either that closely but if you think serious cardio training (like running or cycling at high tempo) is in your future, the Garmin supports a heart rate monitor (ANT+ connectivity - these work great). Alternatively the Fitbit Charge HR has it built in - optical HR monitoring isn't as solid as what is provided by chest straps, but can be enough for many uses.

Hmnnn... I need to find something for my wife! Birthday coming. She's way more fit than I am but I am catching up. :)
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My Garmin Connect user name is the same as here. Feel free to add me!
  • zonnasis
    zonnasis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    zonnasis wrote: »
    Hi, all! I'm getting ready to order the Vivofit 2...I think!

Have you checked http://www.dcrainmaker.com/ for reviews? Fairly informative. Here's a comparison chart between the two.

I've not looked at either that closely but if you think serious cardio training (like running or cycling at high tempo) is in your future, the Garmin supports a heart rate monitor (ANT+ connectivity - these work great). Alternatively the Fitbit Charge HR has it built in - optical HR monitoring isn't as solid as what is provided by chest straps, but can be enough for many uses.

Hmnnn... I need to find something for my wife! Birthday coming. She's way more fit than I am but I am catching up. :)

Thanks, mwyvr! I'm heading to those sites now...
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    On Garmin with a FR910XT watch, getting the swim/cycle/running done. No activity tracker. dcurzon
  • phillipsx6
    phillipsx6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for Garmin connect friends. Husband bought me a vivosmart last month and looking for others using garmin connect. Add me: phillipsx6. Thanks
  • MarissaEgham
    MarissaEgham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Garmin Connect name is the same as on here.
  • paddgirl21
    paddgirl21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new Garmin connect friends too. My name is same as here: paddgirl21
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble with Connect logging their exercise twice to MFP? While I appreciate the idea of getting double calories for my workouts, I'm thinking this might not work in the long run! haha. I have been deleting the spare workout that the HRM didn't show on my watch, but still, that's a pain in the butt...
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just got one last night every please feel free to add me!! Need some connections. User name Nickyherg
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me my name is the same: "bruceapple".
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm on there as well - same name. Always up for challenges and competition!
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on as bama6977
  • anitag817
    anitag817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    anita817.. loving my vivo2.. had fitbit for several years and really liked it until I had a skin reaction to the band on the Flex