My liver disease story

Options
reyesmi
reyesmi Posts: 22 Member
I was almost 200lbs when I decided to change my life. Went to the gym, did a lot of lifting was getting really good results. Until I moved, I couldn't keep the same routine or spend hours in the gym like I had. I kept really active lifestyle but my food intake was terrible. Then I was diagnosed with a liver disease. That's when changing my life really hit me. Instead of using modern medicine I decided to try healing through food. I turned to eating paleo "caveman" diet. Eventually I started to do HIIT and got to 135lbs. After my last blood test came back clear I slacked off and went back to making poor choices. So here I am, here to make better choices with anyone who wants to share my journey with me

Replies

• opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you :)
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything. I know someone who with liver disease. She just had a liver transplant.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Good for you, taking action. My grandmother was diagnosed with a liver disease and passed away last June. Take care of yourself & good luck!
  • reyesmi
    Options
    Thanks the doc caught mine at an early stage, sorry for your loss.
  • wmeyerbill455
    wmeyerbill455 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I have what you have NASH, just diagnosed. I was 230 at the time currently at 207 and still working at it. It is very difficult for me. No problem giving up many foods but the increased activity due to exercise makes me very hungry in the evening. I would love to know how you coped with keeping the calorie intake down? Three months into my weight loss regime and a lifetime to go. I wear a Polar 400M activity Monitor to help keep me moving. It helps. Just wish I wasn't so hungry all the time. Please send suggestions?? Don't want a liver transplant. Thanks Bill
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Life can suck at times, can't it? But well done, OP, in trying the healing route first. Best of luck. I have no doubts you can sort the extra few lbs out, pesky suckers!!! :*
  • andrewjohnston92
    andrewjohnston92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck dude.
  • reyesmi
    Options
    wmeyerbill455 its a difficult road to be on. I had the same issue I would eat lean protein at night and drink lots of water to keep me full. I use to workout at night too so I had the same issue. I could go all day and at night was the most difficult part for me too. Try smart snacking or structure a late light meal towards the evening immediately followed by your workout.
  • cancervixen
    cancervixen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @reyesmi I found your story very interesting about your liver disease. I have metastasis of the liver. I'm having a hard time working out, but I am able to walk some. I would love for you to add me as a friend.
  • sarahmgetsfit
    sarahmgetsfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great to hear your previous success story, Reyesmi! My doctor suspects I have some type of liver disease. I'm really hoping that I don't but my numbers are pretty high. Do you know if certain foods can impact the results of my liver enzymes?

Sarah
  • jpulp
    jpulp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good to hear your numbers are getting better. I have to watch my liver numbers as well. My father passed away in 2013 from Liver Cancer. He wasn't a drinker, but his body didn't tolerate a statin blocker he was on for high cholesterol. By the time the Dr. checked his counts, it was too late and he had cirrhosis. It's not uncommon for the damage from cirrhosis to turn into cancer. Sounds like you're well aware of what can happen and making the right life choices. I wish you the best on your journey!
  • reyesmi
    Options
    Great to hear your previous success story, Reyesmi! My doctor suspects I have some type of liver disease. I'm really hoping that I don't but my numbers are pretty high. Do you know if certain foods can impact the results of my liver enzymes?

Sarah

I'm not entirely sure what foods cause the numbers to go up, but I stayed away from a lot of food. My doctor was really good about telling what I couldn't eat. As my blood results came back better and better my doctor let me have small portions, palm sized, of the banned foods. That was towards the very end of roughly a year of being very strict.
  • reyesmi
    Options
    jpulp wrote: »
    Good to hear your numbers are getting better. I have to watch my liver numbers as well. My father passed away in 2013 from Liver Cancer. He wasn't a drinker, but his body didn't tolerate a statin blocker he was on for high cholesterol. By the time the Dr. checked his counts, it was too late and he had cirrhosis. It's not uncommon for the damage from cirrhosis to turn into cancer. Sounds like you're well aware of what can happen and making the right life choices. I wish you the best on your journey!

Condolences on your loss!