AHHHH PIZZA ALERT!!

Options
2»

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I caved and had pizza the other day. I didn't eat much because after a couple of weeks of eating healthily, it tasted like what it was - junk! Have a slice, have two/three if you want. And then you can move on!

Sorry but pizza isn't junk. Just sadness in that post

Well, you live in the NYC area, though. I live in CT with tons of good pizza and I get what you're saying...BUT.

Having lived in Virginia for a stretch, allow me to point out that while very little tri-state pizza is remotely close to "junk," sadly the rest of the USA cannot say the same. VA pizza=sadness. Our choices were Dominos, Papa John's or Pizza Hut. None of which can I approve.

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Why not have a slice or two and work it into your calorie goal?

THIS. Unless of course you don't want the pizza, then don't. But if you're like me and most, you do want it. Just eat a slice, work it in, own it :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I would have 1 or 2 smaller pieces. Why deprive yourself you could die tomorrow. Enjoy!!!!!
  • bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I caved and had pizza the other day. I didn't eat much because after a couple of weeks of eating healthily, it tasted like what it was - junk! Have a slice, have two/three if you want. And then you can move on!

pizza has carbs/fats/protein, how is that junk?

Just really greasy and icky. I appreciate you American guys generally have good pizza but outside of an Italian restaurant, pizza in the UK is mainly junk food.
  • bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not that I don't love pizza. It's probably my biggest vice.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

pizza has carbs/fats/protein, how is that junk?

Just really greasy and icky. I appreciate you American guys generally have good pizza but outside of an Italian restaurant, pizza in the UK is mainly junk food.

Oh, yeah. I haven't been in the UK since 1997, but as of then, pizza there was like going in the US Southeast. Ick.