Looking for female friends that are on Nutrisystem

Options
dldense
dldense Posts: 14 Member
Hi. I have been using myfitnesspal for awhile but seriously started logging on both this site and on the Nutrisystem site when I began the Nutrisystem program on February 11, 2015. I am looking for Christian female accountability partners who will help me stay on track. For those of you who have moved over from the Nutrisystem site and app because of the changes, I actually like this site better because I can open up my actual food log to each of you for you to help me keep on track. I am 29 pounds down and know that accountability is key in truly being successful in your weight loss. Again...I am only seeking Female friends. Thank you.

Replies

• hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm thinking of trying nutrisystem. How do you like it?
  • Xoxo24H
    Xoxo24H Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi I tried the 5day NS kit from Walmart lost 4 to 5ish pounds:) I ordered my month worth should be getting it sometime next week..I also workout twice a day elliptical. My goal is 130. And so far I loved it except the Chicken Alfredo wasn't that great but it was ok, and the Oreo cookies was not that great I liked the filling but not the chocolate had a weird taste to it, I loved the granola cereal and omg the muffins are so good they don't even taste like diet food. But so far the food has been ok
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just started on the NS Fast Five yesterday, so I'm only on day 2. So far so good. The food I've had so far has mostly been good, although I agree with xoxo above that the Alfredo needed some doctoring (mushroom, onion, and garlic helped alot!) I don't know that I've ever eaten this many veggies, but I can't say that I'm hungry all the time. I'm very hopeful!
  • dldense
    Options
    hispraiseinme.....I love it. I've been on Nutrisystem since February 11th and have already lost 29.6 pounds. I like most of the shelf staple food, which is what you get with the basic kit...but I've also tried the frozen. Most people prefer the Uniquely Yours plan which allows you to choose frozen if you want. It's a bit more pricey but gets rave reviews on the food. It's a simple plan to follow. The first week you literally get a box with shakes and food that you'll eat. You add at least 4 servings of non-starchy veggies...in other words you want to stay away from corn, potatoes, or other veggies that are starchy, but can have all you want of any others. The two boxes of shakes you get are to be used for morning snacks and afternoon snacks. The food is prepackaged and the longest anything has to be microwaved is 3 minutes. If you decide you want to try it, I'd suggest you get one of the starter boxes from Walmart first. They cost between $40 and $50 for a weeks worth of food (minus veggies and snacks) but you aren't tied into anything. If you like the food, then you can place an order and it'll be there in 7 to 10 business days (they don't count Monday as a business day but do count Saturday as one). The main dishes are pre-portioned so the only thing you have to be concerned about portioning out is the snacks. No calorie counting, although they will give you a # of calories to shoot for. If you purchase the full blown program, you'll get the Fast Five with the shakes but they don't come in the Walmart box. You can also get an insurance discount if your particular insurance company offers one for Nutrisystem. Also, if you watch, they tend to run pretty good sales from time to time. I signed up on the 28 day auto-delivery on President's Day and now every order I place...even if it's adding additional items to my 28 day auto-delivery, is 50% off.
  • dldense
    Options
    Patty and Xoxo.....the Alfredo is one of the few that I don't particularly care for, although I have been able to eat it when I add additional stuff to it. I began customizing my basic shipment last month so I could take off the few dishes I didn't care for and it's been well worth the additional $20 to do it. I do a lot of stir-fry veggies with Giorgio's no salt mushrooms and red onions, so even the alfredo turns out good LOL. I will say though that I tried the frozen sampler and haven't been as impressed with it as many have been. The food is good...don't get me wrong...but I wouldn't switch to Uniquely yours just to get it. For now I am ordering the frozen desserts sampler because I did like those....and every few months I'll add the select 10 if they keep it. That way I always have a choice of which way I want to go. I love Nutrisystem. I can now figure out my meals without looking at the book to see what equates to a power fuel or a smartcarb...and it really IS convenient.
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I did NutriSystem last year and did well on it even though some of the food is positively vile. You have to sex up their meals with your own stuff. The big selling point of the program is the convenience of the home delivery. (I don't have a car and live more than a mile from the nearest grocery store). I derailed and stopped the program and of course gained the weight back. Now, I started back on it this week. I have nearly three months worth of NS food sitting at home (a few items are past their shelf life) and more food on the way in a couple of weeks! (can't delay the ship date any longer than I already have). I may just ride it out and stop the program once the food is gone and start having the grocery store deliver my food. (I need to start preparing more meals for myself, not eating out). A part of me wants to *punish* NutriSystem for their bone-headed decision to dismantle their entire website and splinter it off into other sites. >:) By doing that they are looking out for themselves and their bottom line, and not looking out for me. But....I have plenty of time to decide what I'm going to do. I think I can delay my next shipment now until the end of the summer (or close to it).
  • kmhawk
    kmhawk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I first started NS Dec 2012 and did very well. I went off of it about 1-1/2 yrs ago but am now back on before things get more out of hand. I've made sure to try everything at least once because you never know what you're going to like v. what someone else likes. I do have my favorites and try to stick to those foods. Adding steamed veggies to the lunches and dinners is a great way to mix it up and get your veggies in too.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    dldense wrote: »
    Patty and Xoxo.....the Alfredo is one of the few that I don't particularly care for, although I have been able to eat it when I add additional stuff to it. quote]

Since I'm just starting on this, does the fettecini alfredo have the same issue as the Chicken Alfredo? I'm guess that it may be a whole alfredo thing, but was wondering . . .
  • dldense
    Options
    Pattyperkins.....I'm don't see a fettechini alfredo...just the chicken alfredo. Maybe that's something they don't offer anymore? I'd say since it's probably the same sauce that it would have the same results maybe?
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Interesting, because I sure have a Fettecini Alfredo in my box of regular NS (outside of Fast Five). I guess I'll find out when I get around to eating it! I was kind of hoping that the Chicken Alfredo was the anomoly . . .
  • pattimelt7
    pattimelt7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    dldense wrote: »
    Hi. I have been using myfitnesspal for awhile but seriously started logging on both this site and on the Nutrisystem site when I began the Nutrisystem program on February 11, 2015. I am looking for Christian female accountability partners who will help me stay on track. For those of you who have moved over from the Nutrisystem site and app because of the changes, I actually like this site better because I can open up my actual food log to each of you for you to help me keep on track. I am 29 pounds down and know that accountability is key in truly being successful in your weight loss. Again...I am only seeking Female friends. Thank you.

• pattimelt7
    pattimelt7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on NS since February and lost 20 pounds, but have been stuck the last 4 weeks. I started eating more as the NS counselor suggested but still no progress. Very discouraged at this point. Anyone with suggestions? I exercise two or three times a week to a DVD but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Encouraging words would be helpful. Thanks everyone!
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What's the issue with chicken Alfredo? Taste bad?? I have that in my 5 day sample kit I got from grocery store. I'll make that on Tuesday. I had the turkey bacon rigatoni tonight, it wasn't very good. Even added spices. I'll have the pizza tomorrow night.