Are you kidding!?!?

Options
Last night, I stayed late to work, and went out with a colleague while waiting to go back to work at 9PM for a scheduled maintenance (I'm in IT).

1st mistake - agreeing to go to Jocks & Jills (a sports bar). 2nd mistake - 20 Wings. 3rd Mistake probably about 6 Tbps of Ranch. 4th-6th mistakes 3 Draft GOOD beers ...

6 POUNDS UP on the scale this morning!!! How can I gain MORE weight than the weight of the food!?!?!? I'm hoping this is water retention and I will drink LOTS of water today. I got on the scale and literally said, "Are you kidding me!?!?!?" to the scale. 3 times, same 6 pounds ...

Damn it.

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you didn't really gain 6lbs. Get back to eating right and drinking water and it should even out in a day or two.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Last night, I stayed late to work, and went out with a colleague while waiting to go back to work at 9PM for a scheduled maintenance (I'm in IT).

1st mistake - agreeing to go to Jocks & Jills (a sports bar). 2nd mistake - 20 Wings. 3rd Mistake probably about 6 Tbps of Ranch. 4th-6th mistakes 3 Draft GOOD beers ...

6 POUNDS UP on the scale this morning!!! How can I gain MORE weight than the weight of the food!?!?!? I'm hoping this is water retention and I will drink LOTS of water today. I got on the scale and literally said, "Are you kidding me!?!?!?" to the scale. 3 times, same 6 pounds ...

Damn it.

It is more than likely water retention. Just drink that water and don't worry too much. Stress will only make it worse! :-)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 21000 calories you didn't put on 6 lbs lol. You'll see it drop. You just need a big trip to the toilet lol
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Definitely sounds like water weight, probably thanks to more sodium that you might be used to eating. Lots of water will help flush it out over the next few days. Maybe also up your workouts a bit to try to undo some of the damage? That's my plan anyways..had a week full of mistakes myself!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes, like the other posters said, definitely water retention! Sodium! Just drink a lot of water and you will be back to where you were in a few days.
  • mircius
    mircius Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    haha, don't worry. after this years easter i gained about 5 lbs and i ate so ****in much. 2 normal days later, boom like 6 lbs gone
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It's more then likely water retention from all the sodium. However, FYI, when you consume alcohol it is the only thing that is being used for fuel until it is out of the system, so it is easier to store everything else as fat during the time you are consuming alcohol. So, if you do this on a regular basis it can lead to more fat storage. Probably not in one night, though.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    stupid scales!!!! Sometimes I would like to throw them out the window. Dont listen to the scale you didnt gain six lbs. Probably water weight and even though its the best ranch dressing has loads of calories. I went to fat free ranch, i cant stay away from it that is what i eat on my salads all the time. you have to live a little. just give it a couple days and it will show a difference.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my scale said I gained 3 lbs and I didn't even eat bad! I drank some water and coffee then peed like 8492947 times and they lbs came off later that day. Lol
    Oh how our bodies work...
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Did you kind of just "lose it" and throw it all to the wind. LOL One way I deal with situations like that would be to have one beer and three wings, or something like that. I try to eat something healthy and still enjoy a bit of the other stuff. Has worked for me in the control department.

Yea, and you didn't gain 6 pounds. Might surprise yourself and in the end drop even more. Happens to me. Good luck!
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - yeah, going to drink a lot of water today. And do my 4th c25k run tonight. Just aggravating - and I'm going to the Dr. this morning to "brag" about my weight loss. Argh. Oh well. No stress. No stress. :)
  • Pseudocyber
    Options
    Well, this makes me feel a lot better - Awesome Lab Results!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/244342-the-proof-from-the-lab-nsv
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I go up and down 6lbs during each day. When dealing with this situation on any given day I only count the lowest number...he,he,he
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The beer and the wings are probably causing a lot of water retention. I never weigh the day after a cheat day. And yes, all that food is what I would consider a cheat day. Nothing wrong with cheat days. I build them into my diet. But you couldn't eat like that every day and not gain weight. But no, you didn't gain 6 actual pounds in one day. Hang in there.
  • Pseudocyber
    Options
    Qarol, how often do you have cheat days?

Thanks,

PC
  • Pseudocyber
    Options
    Next morning -6lbs - back to 225. I did 1/2 fast yesterday, and walked/ran 6 miles. Thanks everyone.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just wouldnt weigh after a you have a big meal/weekend until a few days at least. Its just gets you mad! lol x
  • Pseudocyber
    Options
    Well, it really does put it in perspective though. You know if you could see the weight being added to your body, as you eat the 1/2 dozen doughnuts ... maybe it would be an incentive to reach for the apple instead.
  • Pseudocyber
    Options
    I go up and down 6lbs during each day. When dealing with this situation on any given day I only count the lowest number...he,he,he
    Yeah, I only record the number in the AM, same time. I step on/off 3 times - make sure I get the same 3 numbers.