Question for tall girls.. How much do you weigh?

Options
I'm 5'9" and some even say I'm 5'10" and weigh in the mid 130s now (134-136lbs) and I'm thinking of losing 10 more lbs. I get mixed reactions from people so I thought I'd see what your guys goal weights are and what weight you're starting from!

I'm just so confused. I know for me to be happy with my body my goal should be about 125-130 lbs (80-87% lean mass).. But some people think I'm already very thin at my weight now. Then others have called me "average" which confuses me since the average woman is like 30lbs heavier than me AND shorter than me..

Also I keep hearing people saying to take measurements. I'm either doing it wrong or I already have ok measurements. I keep getting 34-27-34.. Some days 34-26-34. I don't know what weight loss would do besides maybe bring my waist to 23-25.. So feel free to post your measurements too.

My stats to start.
Starting weight:139-140lbs
Current weight: 135lbs
Unofficial goal weight: 125lbs
Measurements: 34-27-34
Goal measurements: 34-(23-25)-34

Replies

• Needtobeonthebeach
    Needtobeonthebeach Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Look forward to hearing some different opinions and getting a more well rounded idea of what is normal :)
  • bombshellbecca
    bombshellbecca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are thin for your height! I am 5'8- supposed to be 135-140, so you are already underweight!
  • NeedaV
    NeedaV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and they said the 139 mark was ideal.
  • robertsons05
    robertsons05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I can weigh as much as 130 and be in healthy BMI. At 125 I'm a size 3, seems like you are already on the low side of a healthy BMI depending on bone mass.
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hmm i don't think it's possible (or right) for people to determine that you are unhealthy or underweight from the information you gave. BMI charts show that a healthy weight for 5'9 ranges down to 128 lbs. and there are plenty of flaws with those charts anyway.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my goal weight is 190.

I would be skeletal or dead at your starting weight. I seriously doubt that you need to lose any more.

Even if you have a very small build, short waist, etc...that sounds extremely thin. Ask you doctor if it is appropriate for you to lose any weight at all.
  • MsKJackson56
    MsKJackson56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 5"8 and im hoping to get down to between 165-180
    I think its more about personal preference because at that weight i would technically still be overweight, but when I look back at pictures of myself when I weighed 180 I feel like i looked curvy in all the right places and healthy. I personally cant imagine myself being that thin. I think most people would agree that you dont need to lose any more weight, you're definitely thinner than most, but if that's YOUR ideal body then go for it
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    Hey guys. I appreciate the concern. I'm a distance runner which is why it's so low. I don't think 10lbs makes much of a big difference on my frame whether I gain or lose.. The only thing is that if I am 10lbs lighter my clothes will fit a little more loosely ( comfortably) and it will help my self confidence. Lots of my friends are thinner than me, but wear the same size. It confuses me so much. I have a couple friends who are 125 at about my height and one friend who is in the 140s and a size 4 which is pretty close to me. I really just want to be toned and look the best possible while I'm still young. Maybe I will look too thin at 125 and then I can learn from it and reevaluate. most people don't say I look too thin aside from my parents or people who weigh a lot more than me. Also, several of the girls I work with are about 90lbs-130lbs and 4'11-5'7 ish. Which I think is the same as me if you account for my height. It's largely natural for me but the toning up and losing a few lbs is hard work. I've always been about this size my whole life because of sports and genetics. My mom was 5'8 and 127 lbs until she hit 40.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    5'8 135 lbs size 4\ 6
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    Oh and I wear size 2, but I think that's largely due to vanity sizing... I do not think I look like most size 2s. I'm way curvier and I have a rather large chest ( C cup) which is prob another 3-5 lbs lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    It seems like you don't need to lose weight to me . if your unhappy with the looks of your body, then start a lifting program .
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    I think to tone up I would need to lose weight.. I'm not comfortable at this weight. Even just 5 lbs would make me feel better in combination with weights
  • kmsgwen2009
    kmsgwen2009 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and I'm like 3 inches taller than you and my Mark is 177 so your fine!!
  • blinknik04
    blinknik04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my weight range is 133-136. My waist is 26" and hips are 35" I usually wear a size 4. I'm happy at my current weight, just need to tone up a bit. I think 125 is pretty low unless you have a tiny frame. My highest weight was 169 after having my son, and lowest was 129. I was too thin at 129.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.!!! I'm 5"9 I was 161 pounds. I'm 157 now. But I usually bounce around from 145-150. My weight goes only to my tummy and my face. Lol. I don't know of I'm lucky.. Or cursed. :/ lol
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a pretty big frame, big hips, small waist. Right now I'm at 208. Trying to get between 170 and 180.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Too thin IMO. I'm 5'10" and 145lbs. At one point I was 135 and everyone was telling me I was too thin. I shrugged it off. Then I saw photos of myself and realized I looked awful.

• Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    I hope I don't look awful :( I do know I have a small frame because my wrist is 4 inches. My arms are 9 and my thighs are about 19 inches. The last place I lose weight is my stomach and sides and those are the only places I have any weight left to lose so I want to lose them. I'm ok with the rest of my body and if I could stay 134 and have a waist two inches smaller I'd be happy.. I just don't know if that's possible
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    Waist was 26 inches yesterday so I would only have about 1 inch to lose actually!
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Options
    I really want to get a body fat assessment done so I know how much actual work I have to do since I base so little faith in actual weight. I'm embarrassed to have another person measure me.. Is that the only way I can find out? Or can a doctor do it ?