Fitbit

Options
I am seriously considering getting a fitbit. Can I get your take on them, which one do you have? Do you love it?

Replies

• NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit for3 or 4 years. I really like it. I find it very motivating to keep me moving through out the day. My goal is to get to 10.000 steps 6 days a week. I do better some weeks than others but I don't give up. I recommend it to anyone who is not on a regular exercise program. It will help you get started.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got a FitBit Zip for Christmas, and I love it. It motivates me to take those extra steps that I might not otherwise because I want to hit and surpass 10,000 steps per day. I walk for exercise, and it helps me keep my pace up: my goal every workout is to walk 6.5 miles in 90 minutes (a little over 4 mph), and I check my Zip every 30 minutes to make sure that I'm walking fast enough. :)
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I got a FitBit Zip for Christmas, and I love it. It motivates me to take those extra steps that I might not otherwise because I want to hit and surpass 10,000 steps per day. I walk for exercise, and it helps me keep my pace up: my goal every workout is to walk 6.5 miles in 90 minutes (a little over 4 mph), and I check my Zip every 30 minutes to make sure that I'm walking fast enough. :)

wow, ur a rockstar!
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit Charge Hr and I am loving it. It keeps me excited to work out and see how many calories I can burn a day
  • MK24551
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm so excited I just won a listing on eBay for a Fitbit Charge for ONLY $86, can't wait to get it!
  • MK24551
    Options
    I use the MapMyWalk App, will using the Fibit mess that up?
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and love it.
  • MK24551
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and love it.

Is that the one that u clip on?
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started with a Flex but really didn't like having something on my wrist all the time. So I switched to a One.
  • MK24551
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes. I started with a Flex but really didn't like having something on my wrist all the time. So I switched to a One.

I had the Flex about a yr and a half ago (I returned it after not having it very long) and having something on my wrist all the time did annoy me, so I'm hoping I will be ok with this. I guess I will just have to get used to it! LOL
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    MK24551 wrote: »

You can still use MapMyWalk; however, your Fitbit will not pass your HR information over to MapMyWalk
  • MK24551
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

You can still use MapMyWalk; however, your Fitbit will not pass your HR information over to MapMyWalk

So how does that work, I get exercise credit for walking through MMW, won't I get double exercise using MMW and Fitbit?!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

wow, ur a rockstar!

Thanks! :) Hope you enjoy your FitBit Charge! (Awesome price, BTW.)
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit.

Even on rest days I still walk 10k steps because I have to get it to green, lol
    It really does keep you motivated to stay moving as much as possible
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit flex. It motivates me to move more. I'm not bothered by having something on my wrist, but can see how some people would be annoyed by that.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I got a fit bit surge as a gift.

I find it motivates me, especially with negative adjustments in in mfp.sit around all day and find u have minus 500 exercise. Makes me jump on the treadmill for a quick walk.
  • Spedangie
    Spedangie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have been using a Fitbit Charge HR since January and like it very much. I was already pretty physically active but seeing amounts on the Fitbit Dashboard (on my laptop or phone) really helps keep track of how much activity, was it just "regular" steps or active ones, seeing heart rate tracking, etc, has helped me do just a little more. Keep in mind that not every recorded statistic will be 100% accurate, but mine has been pretty close and it really does keep track of trends. I also am super pleased with their superior customer service--I had a split in the band where the pin holds the buckle in place, and after reporting the problem to them, I have a brand new one on the way without even having the original sales receipt.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Spedangie wrote: »
    I have been using a Fitbit Charge HR since January and like it very much. I was already pretty physically active but seeing amounts on the Fitbit Dashboard (on my laptop or phone) really helps keep track of how much activity, was it just "regular" steps or active ones, seeing heart rate tracking, etc, has helped me do just a little more. Keep in mind that not every recorded statistic will be 100% accurate, but mine has been pretty close and it really does keep track of trends. I also am super pleased with their superior customer service--I had a split in the band where the pin holds the buckle in place, and after reporting the problem to them, I have a brand new one on the way without even having the original sales receipt.

Do they make you send the defected one back to them?

• nanasheryl
    nanasheryl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    They say the Fitbit is water proof, I just ordered the charge HR. I swim laps 3days a week. Can I wear it in the water and dies it measure my swimming?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    nanasheryl wrote: »
    They say the Fitbit is water proof, I just ordered the charge HR. I swim laps 3days a week. Can I wear it in the water and dies it measure my swimming?

The ChargeHR is not waterproof. At all. It's the Flex that you can swim in.