Entering an accurate 'weight' after massive weight loss with a lot of excess skin?

Options
Since 2010 I have lost 275-300 pounds. I have a significant amount of loose skin. I estimate probably 30 pounds but this is just a random guess. When I input my weight and height into MFP should I put 5'11 210 or should I put 5'11 180? I want to maintain but if I am 'maintaining' for a 210 pound person I might gain weight ? Or is 210 pounds 210 pounds no matter the composition ? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's 210 lbs no matter the composition - sorry
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    amazing job though - well done
  • flexiblebullet
    flexiblebullet Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you very much. Another thing that is happening that makes me suspicious is after dinner each night I am usually left with like 1000 calories. I work in a factory at a fairly strenuous job and feel like it is kinda weird I don't have the appetite to eat all I should be. I usually go ahead and eat something else but that still leaves me anywhere from 600 to 800 calories deficit. My food diary tells me I can eat 2500 calories per day and this is after I intentionally put in an activity level slightly below what I think I actually do just to be safe. I put the one where it says 'standing on your feet all day' like a cashier. But I walk a fairly significant amount at work and bend and lift etc.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Maybe you should look to increase the calorie density of your meals - oils, nuts, cream, avocado, butter, ice cream, chocolate, beer .. whatever you like

But whatever the numbers show you the important thing is what is happening on the scale over time (time being 6-8 weeks)

If you are losing at a rate greater than you expect over time then you should adjust your activity setting (or invest in a basic level fitbit or similar activity monitoring device to track your activity if you prefer) Or are you at maintenance now in which case if you continue to lose you need to up your calorie intake

also you can save those calories to eat on other days across the week if you like - like a meal out or a craving

remember there's no bad foods