Does your SO know how much you weight?

Options
DESIREE1210
DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
After being with my husband 13 years, I finally told him last night my weight. He didnt care at all, told me I didnt have to tell him. I said I'm sick of saying I'm at the next 10 or 2 more pounds till the next 10.
Well I met him at 250-255, I'm at 259 now and his BDay is the 31st. Told him I'll be in the range of when we met for his Birthday.
Feels good no more hiding.

Replies

• thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad you feel confident enough to share. It's great to have his support, as well. Keep it up - you're doing an amazing job. :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WELL GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Well since we have been dating only for the last 2 months....no way in h.e.l.l. I will tell him how much I weight!!!!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hellllll, no! We have a don't ask, don't tell policy concerning weight. lol We love each other skinny, we love each other fat.

I am glad you felt comfortable and secure enough to tell him. You are so right about "no more hiding". Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • CindyN58
    CindyN58 Posts: 39
    Options
    You must feel so much better after sharing with him. My husband of 20 years knows how much I weigh and also knows how sensitive I am about it. He never refers to it. He just loves me no matter what. It feels great! :love:
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LOL ya but it's mostly cause we have weight competitions... He wants to gain and I am loseing... when we started I outweighted him by 10 lbs... he now outweighs me by 10....
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I tell him. It's not like he couldn't see I was fat!! I do understand the idea of being ashamed to tell your SO, but I've gotten to the point where it doesn't really matter. Besides, military doctors do NOT care about hiding your weight or other stats in front of your spouse. He knew I was too big when pregnant and that I was at risk for gest. diabetes bc the doctors were VERY concerned. There was no hiding it. I like to compete with him though, he's trying to gain and we're around the same weight, so I always wanna be smaller and want him to gain so I am smaller. But yeah, he loves me either way. i was 125 when we got together, bigger than I am now when we married, and waaaay larger while pregnant and right after delivery. So, I've come a long way, in EACH direction. lol.. I think he want me to be happy and healthy. I understand what you mean about no more hiding. Good for you!!! Hope you reach that goal for his bday as well :)
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I refuse to tell my husband the exact number. He doesn't care anyhow he says I look fine. :grumble:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    That's great! My husband knows how much I weigh. At first I was embarrassed but I wanted him to see the difference in the scale too.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    LOL ya but it's mostly cause we have weight competitions... He wants to gain and I am loseing... when we started I outweighted him by 10 lbs... he now outweighs me by 10....
    Ha!! coincidence much? We do the exact same thing.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine thought I was wayyyyyyyyy lower than I was.. He said, IDK why you wanna lose over 100lb, you're only like 210 anyways.. I was like bahahahahahaha.. I weighed 298 at the time lol
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've told him what my highest has been but I don't really like to tell him because he weighs so much less than me. Granted, I am taller than him but it just doesn't feel all warm and fuzzy when the hubsy is 30+ lbs less! While I am losing weight for myself, I am also doing it for him. We already look a little off that I'm taller (not that I mind) but that I'm heavier too! I know he doesn't care but it EATS at me.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    I told my hubby for the first time a few weeks ago. I told him that I use to weigh 207 lbs and he seriously thought I was lying. Then I told him I weigh 160s and he was like "that's awesome!!" He was very supportive.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    We weigh in daily and have a weight chart we update that's sitting by the scale. So yeah, we know each other's weight and the fluctuations when we've been bad.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    Shoot, I tell random people how much I weigh. Usually because they're always surprised. I've always weighed more than people expect. When I first started dating my guy he was like "No way you weigh that much" and I said "Yes huh, get out the scale!" and I laughed. I've always distributed my weight pretty evenly, I guess.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I weighed more than dh, by about 25lbs. In case your wondering he is 6 inches taller than me so there isnt any excuse for it. I told him as a way of facing reality about my weight and how out of shape I had gotten. Plus he was at the hospital after dd was born and heard the readings on the scale when I was discharged so he knew I was up there. We made a deal that when I weighed less than him he would get serious about his weight as well. Im now about 30 lbs less than him:happy:

Telling him was easy for me because I knew he loved me anyway and I wasn't hiding the weight very well lol.
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes totally honest with my hubby he knows how much I weigh and how much I have lost. I feel terrible when I get heavy but it's usually on the way down I share it. The meds I am on make me gain the weight otherwise I have been thin.

Weight gain is so hard to take off but my helper is the Nintendo DS walking program with a little thing that I carry around that helps me keep me up around my 10,000 steps a day and the MyFitnessPal that helps me stay on track.

My doctor also said I needed to keep losts of whole wheat and just white meat and certain fish and only baked in the oven and I have started using a stone.

These items have really helped as I have lost 20# since the beginning of the year. I have walked over 360 miles according to the walking program and that those miles have all been done inside my own home.

Keep up the progress everyone. Here's to your future good health and a better life in the coming years ~ remember you can still find great foods to eat and still have a great life. But this is a lifestyle change so we can all life a longer life.

I have also gone from size 16 to a size 10 losing the 20#, so glad I am back on the right track.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ha!! coincidence much? We do the exact same thing.

LOL it's the best sort of challenge... cause the number is always getting bigger
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love this. Vic said I dont carry myself like I weight that much, LOL is that a back handed compliment...LOL
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I was married -yes, I told him. And then he'd lecture me if I went under a certain weight [because of my height]. But he was usually supportive.

The guy I'm semi-dating now....I'm not going to tell him how much I weigh.

It is hard sometimes because I AM tall, that when I do tell people who much I weigh they go,"NO WAY! You look so much tinier!" ....way to make me feel good. :( I know it was meant as a compliment, but still...then I feel like I HAVE to strive to be at the weight they "guessed"