Clarfication Needed on Guided Cal. Calculator

Options
tthoma5201
tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
I have a question. If I work as an Accountant in a desk job but I work out 5 times a week am I still considered sedentary or should I list myself as lightly active?

Replies

• doylejohnpaul787
    doylejohnpaul787 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but I guess that if you want to log the exercise you do at your work outs then you should enter sedentary. If you are not planning on logging exercise, then lightly active would give you a higher calorie allowance.

If you set lightly active and log all your exercise, you risk overestimating your calorie needs.
  • tthoma5201
    Options
    Thank you for your response this helps a lot!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and I set my MFP up as sedentary and then log the exercises.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I'd rather be given a lower caloric allowance and then have to 'earn' extra. :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    <3 I have a desk job and I feel it's sedentary. One hour of activity is good, but can't counter for 8 hours of inactvity. Good luck to ya!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes. The activity level is based on pre exercise.

But even as a desk jockey (I am one as well) it is possible to get in 10k steps without exercise, I do typically.

It's actually amazing how many steps you can get in just going to the photocopier, getting water, bathroom, meetings etc.
  • tthoma5201
    Options
    Thanks everyone!