Question for tall girls.. How much do you weigh?

Replies

• Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Height: 6'2"
    Starting Size: 22/24 (tight)
    Current Size: 18/20
    Starting weight:330 lbs
    Current weight: 290 lbs
    Unofficial goal weight:160-175 lbs
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Height: 6'2"
    Starting Size: 22/24 (tight)
    Current Size: 18/20
    Starting weight:330 lbs
    Current weight: 290 lbs
    Unofficial goal weight:160-175 lbs
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Needtobeonthebeach Posts: 92 Member
    I really want to get a body fat assessment done so I know how much actual work I have to do since I base so little faith in actual weight. I'm embarrassed to have another person measure me.. Is that the only way I can find out? Or can a doctor do it ?
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    If you lift you will loose those couple of inches but you may end up weighing more. I don't think you need to loose weight it sounds like you just need to lift to get the results you are aiming for
  • Iluvcheezits
    Iluvcheezits Posts: 27 Member
    6ft and currently 180 - working my way to 165. I probably won't go much lower. :)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Hey guys. I appreciate the concern. I'm a distance runner which is why it's so low. I don't think 10lbs makes much of a big difference on my frame whether I gain or lose.. The only thing is that if I am 10lbs lighter my clothes will fit a little more loosely ( comfortably) and it will help my self confidence. Lots of my friends are thinner than me, but wear the same size. It confuses me so much. I have a couple friends who are 125 at about my height and one friend who is in the 140s and a size 4 which is pretty close to me. I really just want to be toned and look the best possible while I'm still young. Maybe I will look too thin at 125 and then I can learn from it and reevaluate. most people don't say I look too thin aside from my parents or people who weigh a lot more than me. Also, several of the girls I work with are about 90lbs-130lbs and 4'11-5'7 ish. Which I think is the same as me if you account for my height. It's largely natural for me but the toning up and losing a few lbs is hard work. I've always been about this size my whole life because of sports and genetics. My mom was 5'8 and 127 lbs until she hit 40.

As a distance runner, you will never be "toned". Runners - especially distance runners - are lean machines, not muscular. That's the difference between aerobic and anaerobic activity . . . look it up if you'd like. I think maybe you have some conflicting goals. If you want to be muscular and toned, you need to change running into another sport unless you take up short, sprint running (think like Usain Bolt) and train for short, intense bursts of energy rather than endurance sports.

It's not always about weight either. A lot of people are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh because they don't think I look it - I'm 5'10 as well and I weigh ~260 lbs. I am a 5K and (hopefully soon!!) 10K distance runner . . . so not long distances but definitely some endurance needed. It's more about how you feel and what you want than the number on the scale.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    i am 5 foot almost 11 inches tall. i am 190 lbs and i wear a size 8 jeans. i run 25 to 30 miles a week and i lift heavy weights. by heavy i do not mean 25 lb ds for a chest press. i have NO problem keeping up with the big boys in the gym. i am a large frame gal which helps me carry this much weight but i have no problems running what so ever!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    It seems like you don't need to lose weight to me . if your unhappy with the looks of your body, then start a lifting program .

^^ this. Get off the scale and shift to body recomposition.

5'10", CW 207, GW 170
  • regulusarcturus
    regulusarcturus Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'10. BMI calculator says I can be between 129-172 to be a healthy weight. Currently I'm 181 (highest was 322 lbs) I'd like to be 140 lbs.
  • acorsaut89
    i am 5 foot almost 11 inches tall. i am 190 lbs and i wear a size 8 jeans. i run 25 to 30 miles a week and i lift heavy weights. by heavy i do not mean 25 lb ds for a chest press. i have NO problem keeping up with the big boys in the gym. i am a large frame gal which helps me carry this much weight but i have no problems running what so ever!

Same here! Glad you said that . . . a lot of people have said you shouldn't be running at 260 lbs but when I tell them I used to weigh 340 lbs, it becomes a different story. They also don't usually believe me when I say I have zero knee pain (and no pain in any other joints either) . . . some people are large frame people, it happens. Which is why I believe if I ever attempt to run a 1/2 marathon (or even 10 miles for that matter) I will struggle quite a bit because I'm not mean and lean, but I have zero issues with that. I've struggled to lose weight, I fought to run my first 5K and I know I'll fight for every race I have after, too.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I'm 6'1" and am 168 lbs. I am pretty much in my goal range (165-170)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    5'11, 149. Goal Range 145-155.
  • millyrdc
    millyrdc Posts: 2 Member
    I'm not too tall, but not short either - 171cm (5'61''), and I weigh 61kg (134lbs).. and my goal is 58-60kg
  • acorsaut89
    I really want to get a body fat assessment done so I know how much actual work I have to do since I base so little faith in actual weight. I'm embarrassed to have another person measure me.. Is that the only way I can find out? Or can a doctor do it ?

If you place so little faith in actual weight then why is it one of your main goals to hit the 120s? Why not just a certain fitness goal or clothing size or whatever.

If you want to gain muscle mass you need to eat at least a maintenance level. It's very difficult to gain muscle mass while eating at a deficit. BF% is a better indicator of health but it seems like you're not really sure what you want since your first post opens with you saying you're in the 130's and would like to lose another 10lbs.
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    Acorsaut- I have to respectfully disagree with you. I don't ONLY run, I lift weights 4-5x a week and I am also a cyclist and a swimmer ( just not as often as I run.) I do yoga and Pilates and I can do 200 push ups in just 3-4 minutes. I have muscle. I'm not a flabby skinny-fat build. I could be " more toned" but compared to the average person or athlete I am in a good percentile when it comes to muscle mass. Being skinny doesn't make you lack muscle
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    I have a feeling 120s are where I should be from where I have been in the past. In high school to achieve the toned look I wanted I had always weighed 115-125lbs. I know the 115 was way too thin but it was all natural and I did gain weight as per my doctors advice. My thyroid ( overactive) in combination with my running made it hard to gain weight back then. I don't know how much muscle mass I want to gain but it wouldn't be enough to make me put on weight. I'm more interested in achieving a 15-17% body fat percentage while having a lean look which I know from past experiences is about 125lbs. I think while muscle weighs more than fat people misunderstand the meaning of that statement. Virtually no one besides body builders gains muscle at a rate faster than fat loss just because of how hard it is to gain solid muscle..
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    And when it comes to clothing size.. I'm already a 2 and have no desire to be a 0, so I am not aiming for a clothing size. Even if I do lose the two inches I want, I will still be a 2. I have a strong adversity to being a 0, because on my frame and at my height it is way too thin for me
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    I hope I don't look awful :( I do know I have a small frame because my wrist is 4 inches. My arms are 9 and my thighs are about 19 inches. The last place I lose weight is my stomach and sides and those are the only places I have any weight left to lose so I want to lose them. I'm ok with the rest of my body and if I could stay 134 and have a waist two inches smaller I'd be happy.. I just don't know if that's possible
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply. It was a quick response and I didn't think much about its impact. Just please pay attention if your family and friends are telling you to stop losing weight or that you are too thin. Sometimes we get blinded by our desire to hit a certain number and don't consider that we may already be there.

And FWIW, my thyroid is also out of wack (cancer in 2005, now on Synthroid), and I am also a runner and lift weights, so it seems like we are on a similar path. Sending a friend request :)

• Needtobeonthebeach
    Thanks binky boink! Thyroid issues suck.. I have been on meds for them for a while and they're helping. I don't tell most people about my issue but people always have wondered why I was so thin ( in high school) and why I eat so much. It's frustrating because most people don't understand.
  • Needtobeonthebeach
    How do I add someone on here ?