New and wanting friends

Options
kater8er
kater8er Posts: 364 Member
Hi! I just joined a week and a half ago. I'm a 20-something, going into my senior year of college. I'm trying to lose about 35 lbs that I've accrued over the past 8 years...College has been especially hard, my major is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. I have tried to lose before and failed, and I'm really hoping this time is different--I've never counted calories before. That being said, I'd love a friend or two on here! Add me if you like
~Kate

Replies

• ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is a great site! You'll love it!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Kate! You're welcome to friend me if you like. Good luck reaching your goal!!
  • chrismaewill
    Options
    I heard about myfitness pal from the trainer that runs our gym at work. I just joined the website today. I like the idea of a food and exercise diary online. I am heading towards 50 years old I have more time for myself and a girlfriend has joined up with me. Wish me luck!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great website and it really helps you keep on track. So many motivated people! I am a graduate student - so know the difficulty it is to keep eating right and working out when having a full course load. Feel free to add me!
  • riamac
    riamac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I used to make unhealthy lifestyle choices. As a result, I gained a lot of weight in the past few months. However, I'm changing all of that. Thanks to this website, I have been successful in losing some weight and I'm feeling good about myself. =]
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!, Im pretty new as well and as of right now only have one friend on here. Also 20-something and looking to lose about 40-50 lbs, so we have that in common.
  • anfu
    anfu Posts: 4
    Options
    hi! and welcome! I'm new too and would love to be your friend :)
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I sincerely appreciate it :)
  • proncess1962
    Options
    Welcome. I am fairly new too - Feel free to add me
  • r3suns
    r3suns Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am new to mfp also. I have been seriously working on losing weight for the last year. I have had a weight prob most of my life and have decided I no longer want to be heavy. I will do whatever I can to live a healthy lifestyle! I have been stuck at my current weight for the past 3 months; I'm so frustrated. Looking for friends and support. Please add me if your looking for a buddy to work threw weight loss together.