Options
kalin73
kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
What's your opinion?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I think it's a ridiculous metric to measure yourself with.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I think it's a ridiculous metric to measure yourself with.
    ]
    That's a really tame response coming from you LOL

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's mostly genetic so I am indifferent as long as people don't do unhealthy things to get there.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you can be for or against something that is determined by your body structure? I have thigh gap starting at anything below 28-30% bf, I don't think that makes me better or worse than someone that never gets it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Can said "gap" perform tricks?
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Is it like the gap at the subway? If you fall in you're probably not coming out alive?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Is it like the gap at the subway? If you fall in you're probably not coming out alive?

I think it's just a hole where they put droppings off of the sandwich. Like if lettuce falls off or something, they push it in there and there's a trash can underneath.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Who knows what lives in there? Best to just stay away.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's a genetic bone structure thing. It's not something that can be achieved simply by dieting unless you have the genetic bone structure to have one. I'm neither for or against...I just wished people realized that it is genetics. It's sad to see young women using this often unobtainable metric.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I could care less about it. I love it down there regardless ;)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    OK serious answer: I would love to have a thigh gap. I would love to be able to wear proper running shorts without having to spit them out during my run; I would love to be able to wear sundresses without shorts underneath in the blazing summer sun; I would love to cut down on my summer useage of BodyGlide.

As for how it looks? Couldn't care less :)
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll never have a thigh gap. I've just always had bigger thighs, even when I was really skinny in high school. Genetics are just not on my side for that. Don't really care either.
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I will never have thigh gap, it's just not possible. I'm actually slightly underweight and my thighs still touch.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's a genetic bone structure thing. It's not something that can be achieved simply by dieting unless you have the genetic bone structure to have one. I'm neither for or against...I just wished people realized that it is genetics. It's sad to see young women using this often unobtainable metric.

Exactly - genetic. I say this because my mother ALWAYS b*tched about her 'ugly' legs. When I was growing up, she never wore shorts and pointed out she hated her legs. Well, I have her legs, granted more muscle, but I have a moderate gap and the lower my body fat is, the more it's there. I could not care less and I love my legs. I also have friends who lift who don't have it and they have great legs. Makes no difference from my perspective. I have to say though, it isn't always easy to put something in your lap though - it does go through.

Yes, it's there when I'm heavier too - just hidden a little more with excess thigh fat. All women on my mothers side have wide-set hips...I presume that is the reason. Never thought much about it.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    even at a healthy weight i don't have thigh gap. this caused me a great deal of grief when i was younger. now i just dislike it because if i wear shorts i can easily get a terrible rash from my thighs rubbing together in hot weather. when i wear a dress i have to wear shorts or tights underneath. so its annoying but i have to accept it
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    I will never have one I was blessed with a thick bottom half. But I love my legs and work hard to keep them toned so I fee a thigh gap is sexy on some but not on me! Hope that makes sense.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    It's mostly genetic so I am indifferent as long as people don't do unhealthy things to get there.

This.

I'm genetically predisposed to not ever having one, but I don't care if people do (as long as they aren't starving themselves for one).
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    can we get back to things that matter, like the bikini bridge?
  • BigEdge
    BigEdge Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    i know some people who look for that gap - but I dont have any preferences either..... l like them all. Prefer them in yoga pants, but thats just me....