newbie here! needing to lose AT LEAST 40lbs for my wedding

Options
Looking to lose 40lbs before my wedding. I have lots of time to do it but would like to be able to go fress shopping and not have to look in plus sized dresses.

Any support would be appreciated and returned :)

Replies

• njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Here is my suggestion... Walk for at least 1 hour a day and eat less than 1500 calories a day. IF you are unsure the caloric content of something, don't eat it. IE, do not eat out. Within a month you will have lost a significant amount of weight, you will be walking faster and further in your 1 hour walks and you will feel great.

Good luck!
    Mark
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand that....I look back at the pictures of my wedding in 2002 (I've since split from the groom) and I shudder at how huge I was....I remember being in Vegas (we got married there) and looking for a dress and the pickings in the plus section were pretty slim....best of luck with your 40lb....you can do this.....I lost 50lb but have put back on about 15lb which I'm trying to lose with very little success.....feel free to add me....I'm on here everyday.....you got this!!!!:)
  • ericbechtel
    ericbechtel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same boat! Make it happen :)
  • klfaircloth
    klfaircloth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations! Second, weight loss is a numbers game! Just burn more than you consume. I'm with Mark - if you don't know how many calories are in something, don't eat it. Don't drink your calories. Water, water, water! And if you don't have one, get a food scale. It will make all the difference. Perfect example - I thought I was eating a cup of cereal (by volume, per the serving size) for breakfast and it turned out to be almost 2 by weight! That's 110 calories I didn't know I was eating! Good luck!
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs since July. I started with the Fit Bottomed Girl's Anti-Diet book. I also got a gym membership, a FitBit and log everything on MFP.
  • hashTag_Wade
    hashTag_Wade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds since late October 2014 by changing why/what I eat, using MFP, doing the classic schedule of P90X3 (2x), and walking/running/riding as much as possible. I suggest a good balance of card and weights in addition to changing the way you eat. Congrats on your wedding and good luck!
  • cameracrazee
    cameracrazee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I have changed my eating habits..drinks a lot more water and staying focused! :)
    I do have a knee injury from my younger years that prevents me from doing some things so im hoping by eating right and starting slow i will lose some weight and my knee will work with me to eventually start doing more and eventually be able to do A LOT more :)