jawbone or fitbit

Options
Hi i am wanting to kick start weight loss again and wanting to get an activity band.

Would you recommed an jawbone or fitbit i like the look of the jawbone app but by the looks of it fitbit works better with myfitness pal?

can any one offer any insite to these bands?

thanks

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I like the Jawbone itself and the software. It's really just a matter of personal preference. I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge HR and I love it. It's really encouraging me to move more. My friends all have Fitbit devices too so we can track each others progress. I like that it syncs with MyFitnessPal too. I can't really comment on the Jawbone as not used it. Just my two cents! :smile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I prefer my Jawbone over the fitbit. I found the fitbit wasn't as accurate as the jawbone...(yes I tested them both)

For example...shovelling snow this winter...for 40mins...fitbit gave me 6 active minutes... :'( ....okay....

ETA Jawbone has teams too, syncs with MFP and mapmyfitness/walk/run/ride.

They really are quite similar I just prefer jawbone because of accuracy and the look of it.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    is that jawbone up3 ever going to come out? its been like 2 years since it was meant to come out
  • Caletara
    Caletara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like my jawbone better than my fitbit. I had a lot of trouble charging my fitbit, but the jawbone just works. That being said, my mode button on my Up24 fell off and I have to get another one via the warranty. I also like that the jawbone learns your exercise patterns so it will periodically ask you if you are working out.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jawbone gal, but I've been considering switching to FitBit... Jawbone is not compatible(yet) with Windows phones, so I have to rely on my old android phone to sync my data... :(
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    The Jawbone Up3 is being released and anyone who didn't prepurchase I think they said the middle of next month they should be available. I've been looking at both, and at the moment I've been leaning towards the FitBit ChargeHR because the Up3 only does a resting heart rate at the beginning of the day, though it's possible they'll do an upgrade on it later.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I picked the Jawbone, because I liked the way it looks. LOVE the program.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I had an UP24 and switched to a Charge HR. I prefer the Fitbit.
  • gd09
    gd09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jawbone works for me and couldn't be happier
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the jawbone up & I like it a lot.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone - the old model where you have to sync it manually (oh the horror!) and I love it. I think it's very accurate and the app is great.

If you read amazon reviews it seems as though the Fitbit is more popular and reliable (i.e. doesn't break as readily as the jawbone), but the UP app for Jawbone is nicer/better.