5ft 6 ladies what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Opppps, from the looks of it ... this forum may not be for the big girls (lol) ... I started at 303, down to 232 (today). and first goal is ONDERLAND ... from there if I make it to 179 and don't look sick (because I do TRULY have extremely large bones, my ortho said that my femur is one the largestest he's ever seen) I will be fine with that.
    I don't think I will ever weigh 130s (fine by me tho).
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Height: 5ft, 6in
    SW: high 170s
    CW : maintenance range is 120-125lbs
    Current bmi: 19.4
    Current bf% 22 percent
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My goal weight is 130. My cardiologist said that my heart may only be able to effectively support maybe 130 - 140 pounds maximum so I'm aiming for the low end of that. 115 is the actual low end of the healthy BMI range for 5'6" so I may end up striving for it. It depends on what my dr says at the time.

I'm here for the long term. I still have over 100 pounds to lose so if anyone needs a friend, you can add me. I log religiously.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and although I would love to be 145 - I have to be SUPER strict to maintain that. I was down to 135 at one point and looked sickly; more or less starving myself and over exercising. It really depends on your body type - how much muscle vs. fat ratio you have etc. I am most comfortable around 150 and I look good when I'm lifting and doing cardio
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'', started at 183 and currently holding at 140. I would like to be somewhere around 130-135.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 140, but I'm shooting for 150 right now where I will learn how to maintain that loss before pushing to that ulimate goal. I look too skinny any lower than 140. It's all about that bone structure and mine is on the larger side. You've got to do what's right for you.
  • keishac
    keishac Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. I am currently 193 and have a goal weight of 145lbs. However, I am not as focused on the number. I don't want to commit myself to a number. I am trying to lose weight as well as tone up and look healthy. So, I guess my goal weight is flexible as long as I am truly happy!
  • jeanniesaragosa
    jeanniesaragosa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 (and 1/2...that's important) :p At 135 I look way too thin, and people don't have a problem telling me so :( Currently, I'm 162 (and don't look horrible for my age because I carry it well). I'm shooting for 140-145. That seems to be a comfortable weight for me and body type.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Highest weight 210 not counting pregnancies, am currently 163, wearing size 8/mediums. Would like to get to 150.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure. I was a pretty nice shape 145-155 when very active in high school, so that is what I have in my mind. But I think I would be happy with 175 and down at this point.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    First goal is 140. My low was 135 and I was still a little chubby. I'll probably settle around 115 as a final weight.
  • waldronsix
    waldronsix Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd be estatic at 140. Any less than that makes me look sick
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    ohaston wrote: »
    Opppps, from the looks of it ... this forum may not be for the big girls (lol) ... I started at 303, down to 232 (today). and first goal is ONDERLAND ... from there if I make it to 179 and don't look sick (because I do TRULY have extremely large bones, my ortho said that my femur is one the largestest he's ever seen) I will be fine with that.
    I don't think I will ever weigh 130s (fine by me tho).

One goal at a time! I just made it into onderland, it's nice. I also don't see how 130s would work for me, although I'm being open minded. I want to find a weight I can maintain without sacrificing too much.

• sajero2
    sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am 5'6" and started at 163.8, currently 144.8. My goal weight is around 130, but if I keep losing and go into the 120s, I'd like to see what I look like there. The lowest I've been ever is 132-ish, and I was still kind of chubby looking around the middle, so I'm pretty sure with my small bones/frame I can go into the 120s. If it's hard to maintain though I won't bother.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150, but would not mind maintaining around 145. I do not want to go below 140. I did not like the way I looked when I was in my low-140s and in 130s
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted my goal weight to be 135. I think I will settle with 145-150. But I'm going to see how I look and feel when I get closer - I may like myself at 155 or 160...no idea. I do know when I weighed less than 130 (before children - late teens, early 20s) many people (rudely, I thought) told me I was too skinny. I really don't want those kinds of comments anymore, esp. after being morbidly obese for over a decade.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'6" tall (shrunk from 5'7") and 140 lbs. My start weight was 205, dropped to 160, then back up to 188, then my goal was 145, but I re-evaluated once I got there, and decided on 140. I'm easing into maintenance with the goal of lowering my BF% a bit. It's currently 21% via hydrostatic weighing on March 30th. I'd like it to be 20% BF or less. My current size for pants is a 4 or 6 US. The 6 is getting too big in some brands now, and I need the 4s. Dresses seem to be consistently size 4. Tops are usually XS, sometimes S to accommodate shoulders. I don't put much stock in clothing sizes because I think a lot of stores are using vanity sizing. Measurements can be helpful, though seem dependent on body shape (most sources indicate I'm a pear shape).

Currently:
    12.5" neck
    40" shoulders
    11" bicep right, 10.5" bicep left
    6" wrist
    34" bust
    25.5" waist
    37.5" hips (low around fullest part, almost top of thighs)
    22.5" upper thighs (my most stubborn fat storage area, they have not shrunk that much even with 65 lbs gone)
    13.5" calves

I think this is a good weight for me. I almost have no breasts left, so that is a deciding factor on not dropping lower. I also have a fairly prominent collar bone, some visible chest bones, some visible ribs, and very prominent hip bones. Much lower, and I think it would be too much. I wouldn't mind adding a little muscle to my upper body, and I will be working on that once I get cals to maintenance level, or slightly above.

Weight on the scale doesn't mean as much to me as how I look and the BF%, so if weight goes up with lower BF%, I won't care.

I think that goal weights are really very individual and depend a lot on body shape, where we tend to store fat (ruler, pear, apple, etc.), and possibly skeletal size. Some ladies have really delicate bones, and that looks super feminine, and those ladies often look better at lower weights in a range. Some ladies seem to have much larger bones (wrists/ankles) and often look better at a little higher weight in the range, and many look very athletic when at a slightly higher weight.

I say set a goal about half way to where you think you want to land. Once you meet it, re-evaluate. Then do that again. Once you meet it, re-evaluate.

I wish you luck with your goal setting and goal achieving!
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 3/4? haha. My highest weight was 210. Currently 160. Trying to get back down to 135.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    CW: 179
    Goal weight: 130ish
  • fitbunny93
    fitbunny93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. starting weight was 160. My goal weight is about 130, give or take a few.