Shakeology results

Options
I got caught up in a discussion about shakeology and came accross a person that was a little rude about the quality and cost of them. When I commented on the post, that I can not find.. I had ordered the same pack but hadn't tried them yet.
I first tried the chocolate. It was um okay but for sure wasn't yummy! It did fill me up but I disliked the smell of it and everytime I burbed and I burbed often. I tasted vitatmins. Vitamins make my stomach feel ill so not a good feeling. I also had horrible gas. I mean horrible..
It made me wait another week before I was brave enough to try again.. So yesterday, I tried the strawberry one. It was um gross! My husband tasted it and he thought it tasted like medicene you would flavor for a kid. I took two drinks and couldn't make myself drink it. I did pour some out for the dogs. They drank it up. The rest went in the trash. It helped keep my hunger away cause I didn't want anything after that. LOL
I will not be trying the rest of the flavors. My son might want to try them cause he thinks "shakes" are good.. so be interesting to see what a 15 year old boy would think of them. They eat everything. So yes.. I wasted my money. but I am glad it was only the trial package.

Replies

• tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You may be turned off by shakes but my favorite protein shake is biotrust. I can have that stuff plus almond milk and it is good. I can't stand shakeology either. I'm not sure if there is a way to get anything besides a massive jar so that kind of stinks. I know no one wants to sink a bunch of money in to something that might not taste great to them.
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you do realize beachbody will refund you if you don't like your first try, right? just contact customer service.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    I took two drinks and couldn't make myself drink it. I did pour some out for the dogs. They drank it up.
    Are the dogs ripped and shredded now? :p
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    haha... no the black lab is still pretty fat! I thought about letting her have it all but could you imagine the smell? LOL
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I did not like Shakeology either and was glad that I only ordered a few trial size packs from eBay first.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I remember that thread! And I agree he was a bit rude. My longtime neighbor moved and gave me a bunch of EAS myoplex and other pantry stuff. I looked at Amazon reviews, and they all said it tastes great. "I've tried blah blah multitude of protein shakes and this tastes best". That kind of thing. First sip tasted great. After 3 or 4 sips, not so much. Like you, I burped all day and could not get that taste out of my mouth. After studying the package, I decided I'll stick with chicken--more protein for fewer calories and I like it. Worth the try, though. :)
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    For me shakeology is Just something for when I am at a complete loss for something and need a quick snack. I use the vanilla (<120 a full scoop doesnt weigh as much as a serving should) and add 1 cup almond milk, (60 calories) 1/2 cup frozen strawberries in sugar (50 calories) blend super good and then add ice and blend again. Filling and will carry me til lunch after my workout.
  • Realbeaner
    Realbeaner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    IMO Shakeology is over-priced crap, being shilled by people as a pyramid business. Awful tasting and double the price of many other suitable alternatives.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Realbeaner wrote: »
    IMO Shakeology is over-priced crap, being shilled by people as a pyramid business. Awful tasting and double the price of many other suitable alternatives.
    In all honesty I probably wouldnt be using it if I didnt but a bag from a friend for half price. I usually only have one or two a week so this bag will last a very very long time. I have yet to find anything that I like since they stopped making the designer whey smoothies I used to love!!!

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    :D It's one thing I'll say for MFP, a lot of the time the advice you get is blunt and "tough love", but shag me if they aren't right most of the time!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    How much does a tub of this stuff cost? I pay $75 for 1.2kg tub of regular protein powder.
  • Realbeaner
    Options
    Don't get me wrong as I was not being critical of your purchase. To each their own. But, since you asked for feedback I thought I'd offer my opinion. At $130+ for a 30 day supply (assuming you ration to 1 / day) you can get similar value at half the cost and twice the taste. Their 'Coaches' will push it fervently to get their pyramid payouts especially if it's a 'Challenge Pack'.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Whoah $130!! Aint no milkshake worth that kind of money :disappointed:
  • Realbeaner
    Options
    Exactly. And it's certainly not a 1.2 kg supply, not that size means everything. :D
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Realbeaner wrote: »
    Exactly. And it's certainly not a 1.2 kg supply, not that size means everything. :D

:tongue:

in this case I think it does... :wink:

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I said I would update with my opinion so that's why I did. I might explore other options or just see if I can find the right nutritional balance for my long runs..
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    Frankly I'm a fan of isopure with skim/cashew milk. I just do one scoop with a cup of milk and ice and it practically becomes a 20 ounce chocolate shake that helps me meet my protein macros. I'm pretty picky about taste and have to say that its not bad.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The only result that is guaranteed with Shakeology....
    aRQY3.gif