Anyone want to join me with having a 'dry' May?

Options

Replies

• MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I want to try this, and I absolutely will so long as I don't get chastised after my inevitable failure on the first weekend.

To be fair I used to drink every single night, one beer or one glass of wine, sure, not a lot. It adds up, though. These last two weeks I've kept my drinking to the weekends, and this last weekend I only had one beer.

Okay, it was a 40oz, but still just one.

Baby steps! :smiley:
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I want to try this, and I absolutely will so long as I don't get chastised after my inevitable failure on the first weekend.

To be fair I used to drink every single night, one beer or one glass of wine, sure, not a lot. It adds up, though. These last two weeks I've kept my drinking to the weekends, and this last weekend I only had one beer.

Baby steps! :smiley:

I didn't even finish it!

Probably because I was already wearing a dress that only zipped up with my sibling's assistance, and only after pressing all the air out of my body, and THEN I had an enormous bowl of the most heavenly Tonkotso Shoyu Ramen...

It was my cheat night, and by the end of it I swear I could feel every thread and seam on that outfit.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Clicking on this thread I thought "dry" was going to mean something else. Good luck with your quest! I will not be joining.

I bet you thought we were talking about eating our sandwiches with no spread, right?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Cinco de Mayo?? Nope nope nope. :drinker:
  • mombie2six
    mombie2six Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! I've been putting off quitting drinking for a while now and I know it's contributing to keeping me from obtaining my goal weight. Let's do this. :)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Clicking on this thread I thought "dry" was going to mean something else. Good luck with your quest! I will not be joining.

If it was the other thing you thought it was, would you have joined?!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink anymore, but just wanted to toss a "good luck" to you all! :)
  • beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, and I think you all will be surprised at how much this will increase your weight loss. I would have a bottle (or 2? lol) of wine on the weekends, and my weight loss was pretty slow. I cut that out (1 year ago?) a while ago, and it helped me get over that plateau that happened after the first 20lbs went. I drank one night last week, and it 'threw me off' for days. Moderation is key to all things, but I think taking a break from it will give you an energy/ motivation boost.
  • JulesV26
    JulesV26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

You I like!
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That is a great goal! You sound so motivated! I drink maybe one mixed drink a couple times a week, and some weeks, none at all. But..having worked Psych/Detox for over 20 years..I have watched many people struggle with this. Please be careful..not to go into withdrawal. Look up the symptoms before you begin..so you will know. I am excited to see how you do.. Wishin' you the best! "It ain't easy..but it is so worth it!" :)
  • dawnrpurvis
    dawnrpurvis Posts: 27 Member
    Options

No judging here, bound to be a few slip ups on the way. There are 2 public holidays in May here in the UK and I bet they will be gloriously sunny and I'll be sitting in the garden, thinking of a nice ice-cold glass of beer!

Ha!, no chance! Stopping that wouldn't help my fitness levels, in fact I'm sure it's actually good exercise ;-)
    I've given up white wine since taking this journey (April 11th was my first day) and I find myself sleeping better and feeling better too. I'm in! Now I need to have a dry May from cheese. I love cheese but cheese loves my butt.

Hmm... see I'm ok with not overdoing food, and I've tried to be a bit more conscious of my drinking but it beer were cheese, Imagine one night it'd be like 'I'll just have one piece of cheese, I've had a hard week at work' and then 'Oh my partners having cheese too, I'll guess I'll have another piece of cheese' then 'My friends have come round to visit, lets eat cheese together.' Imagine every piece of cheese you eat lowers your willpower by half making you twice as likely to want another piece of cheese, your brain starts thinking along the lines of 'cheese makes me feel great! lets have more!' and if you are not currently eating cheese you keep getting offered more cheese by the other cheese-eaters and you can see why for me a couple of pieces of cheese with others can lead to waking up overdosed on Lactose and the need for some bacon to get rid of the lingering taste of Brie. Sorry, that is a terrible analogy.
  • firstlines
    firstlines Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In I am but not an eazy task
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I've given up white wine since taking this journey (April 11th was my first day) and I find myself sleeping better and feeling better too. I'm in! Now I need to have a dry May from cheese. I love cheese but cheese loves my butt.

Hmm... see I'm ok with not overdoing food, and I've tried to be a bit more conscious of my drinking but it beer were cheese, Imagine one night it'd be like 'I'll just have one piece of cheese, I've had a hard week at work' and then 'Oh my partners having cheese too, I'll guess I'll have another piece of cheese' then 'My friends have come round to visit, lets eat cheese together.' Imagine every piece of cheese you eat lowers your willpower by half making you twice as likely to want another piece of cheese, your brain starts thinking along the lines of 'cheese makes me feel great! lets have more!' and if you are not currently eating cheese you keep getting offered more cheese by the other cheese-eaters and you can see why for me a couple of pieces of cheese with others can lead to waking up overdosed on Lactose and the need for some bacon to get rid of the lingering taste of Brie. Sorry, that is a terrible analogy.
    [/quote]

I get it...lol. My whole thing is that I am the one who offers the cheese to myself and instead of saying "No thanks..." I just shove more and more in my mouth.
  • johnnyb127
    johnnyb127 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok let's try this! I've done it before and it help me loose some pounds before a vacation...
    Add me