Stuck

Options
Hey guys!

I'm currently at a lose end with my weight right now.

Last year I was at my heaviest, 15 stone so I started eating healthy and joined back at the gym mostly because I was going to Vegas and I wanted to look good, I went down to 12 stone but as soon as I got back from my holidays I ate like a pig, stopped the gym and gained over a stone... I'm now 13 stone 5lbs.

I started back at the gym in January and I haven't even lost a pound, I eat clean and work out 5-6 days a week, mixing up my wr
or outs so my body isn't getting used to the same thing... I could spent 40 minutes in the gym at each time and burn off 450-500 calories per session but yet I seem to lose nothing.

Now I know you shouldnt always go by the scales but im so used to getting motivated by losing a few lbs when I weigh in.

I love going to the gym and eating healthy so even if I don't lose the weight as quick as I want to I still wouldn't stop working out as I do enjoy it but I'm going back to Vegas in 4 months and would like to be the same weight as before because I looked healthy.

I'm 5'7 and my current weight is 13'5.

any help would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Eating clean won't create weight loss unless you are eating at a deficit. What is your calorie goal?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I know overweight and obese people who "eat clean."
  • Danniiiiii
    Danniiiiii Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200 but if I burn 400 calories at the gym for example this takes me up to 1600 and I can't physically eat that much.

On an average day my meals would be - A fruit smoothie blended with almond milk, for lunch ill have some sort of salad bowl, normally chicken (I work at Subway, I stay away from eating the bread and stick to salad bowls) then for dinner I might have a small bit of brown pasta and tuna.
  • Danniiiiii
    Options
    Yes, I try my best to weigh my food as often as I can.

The thing is, I genuinely do eat clean and I don't look as big as I probably should due to my height, when I tell people how much I weigh they don't believe me because I look smaller.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating at a deficit.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Danniiiiii wrote: »
    My calorie goal is 1200 but if I burn 400 calories at the gym for example this takes me up to 1600 and I can't physically eat that much.

On an average day my meals would be - A fruit smoothie blended with almond milk, for lunch ill have some sort of salad bowl, normally chicken (I work at Subway, I stay away from eating the bread and stick to salad bowls) then for dinner I might have a small bit of brown pasta and tuna.

I don't think there is a physical block keeping you from eating 1,600 calories. How are you measuring your food? Are you using a food scale?
  • Danniiiiii
    Options
    How many calories do you think I should be eating a day to be able to lose weight?
    I'm literally doing what I was doing last year except this time I can't lose anything.

I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, sometimes 16 hours a day and im on my feet all day apart from a 20 minute food break, I can't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry and the majority of the time despite working in a food place, im not hungry... a chicken salad bowl could easily fill me for 12 hours until I go home after the gym and eat again.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Are you using a tool to figure out what your calorie goal per day should be?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    How many calories do you think I should be eating a day to be able to lose weight?
    I'm literally doing what I was doing last year except this time I can't lose anything.

I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week, sometimes 16 hours a day and im on my feet all day apart from a 20 minute food break, I can't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry and the majority of the time despite working in a food place, im not hungry... a chicken salad bowl could easily fill me for 12 hours until I go home after the gym and eat again.

If you are truly hitting 1,200 calories and on your feet all day, you should be losing weight. How are you measuring your food? Did you create the database entry for your smoothie?

Something isn't adding up here. Are you logging everything? I see one day where you just have 200 calories, other days with nothing at all.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Do you mind my asking how you became overweight in the first place then?
  • Danniiiiii
    Options

If you are truly hitting 1,200 calories and on your feet all day, you should be losing weight. How are you measuring your food? Did you create the database entry for your smoothie?

Something isn't adding up here. Are you logging everything? I see one day where you just have 200 calories, other days with nothing at all.

Those are the days when I'm doing a long shift and I've just got to energy to even pick up my phone but even on those days I don't let myself go, I still eat pretty good.

As for measuring my food, I can't say I do it all the time but I try to at the best of times.
    I normally go by the calories on the pack of whatever I'm having and measure out on the scales so I'm not going over the calories.

I'm literally on my feet from 5 in the morning until 8 in the evening after the gym, I eat better and work out harder than my friend and she's losing weight so I don't understand where I'm going wrong.
  • Danniiiiii
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Do you mind my asking how you became overweight in the first place then?

Do you mean from the start or over the past year when I put on weight?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Those are the days when I'm doing a long shift and I've just got to energy to even pick up my phone but even on those days I don't let myself go, I still eat pretty good.

As for measuring my food, I can't say I do it all the time but I try to at the best of times.
    I normally go by the calories on the pack of whatever I'm having and measure out on the scales so I'm not going over the calories.

I'm literally on my feet from 5 in the morning until 8 in the evening after the gym, I eat better and work out harder than my friend and she's losing weight so I don't understand where I'm going wrong.

Before you conclude that you're stuck, I would begin logging everything consistently. This would include weighing fruit (I see some entries where you just have 2 oranges or something like that). Is the entry for the smoothie one that you created? If not, I would make sure to create my own -- you have no idea if the database entry matches what you put in yours. You also have some entries for things like "ham sandwich" from Subway -- Subway is build your own, so if you're choosing that from the database, how do you know your sandwich matches?

• Danniiiiii
    Options

Before you conclude that you're stuck, I would begin logging everything consistently. This would include weighing fruit (I see some entries where you just have 2 oranges or something like that). Is the entry for the smoothie one that you created? If not, I would make sure to create my own -- you have no idea if the database entry matches what you put in yours. You also have some entries for things like "ham sandwich" from Subway -- Subway is build your own, so if you're choosing that from the database, how do you know your sandwich matches?

Right I see where you're coming from, makes sense now.
    thank you.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

thank you.

Good luck!
  • Danniiiiii
    Options

thank you.

Good luck!

Thank you :)