Replies

• lattequeen2
    lattequeen2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I have figured it all out
    thanks for all your help
    I am trying to eat more now getting to 1200 cal is not as easy as it sounds

Yes it is as long as you don't fall into the "bad food vs Good food" trap...there is no such thing.

Look at my diary...I eat all the food and still lose...

where can I see your diary
  • lattequeen2
    Options
    will you help me if I post my diary
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    will you help me if I post my diary

Yes, people can definitely be of help if you share your diary.

• lattequeen2
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    As a woman, you need to eat at least 1200 calories a day. On maintenance, you should eat around 1800 calories a day. Those calories should come from fruits, veggies, meat, dairy and grains. It's all a matter of balance. MFP recommends you eat 50% carbs, 30% fat and 20% protein. That means you need meat and substitutes at least 2 meals a day, veggies or fruits almost every meal or snack, and carbs (such as bread, muffin, pasta, rice) 2 meals a day. That should result in a balanced day.

Eating below 1200 calories a day will slow your metabolism, meaning it will burn less to fuel your daily activities. On days you will eat more, that means all the "extra" calories are stored by your body instead of being burned for you daily activities. That means those 4 lbs you gained could be linked to the fact you're not eating enough.

I strongly recommend you meet with a nutritionist so you could set up a meal plan with him/her. I also recommend you vary your workouts. Search for workouts on Youtube or Pinterest. Body weight routines, yoga, pilates and HIIT. Again, balance is crucial.

Good luck!

I can't do alot of exercises due to my disability and poor balance
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    To me too it looks like you are under-eating; but then again we only have a single day's of logging to go by.

And even though you ARE under-eating you are also NOT logging accurately.

Please use a kitchen scale and log by the gram where possible; there is no need to estimate in cups or tablespoons for most of the items you are eating.

Also, things such as this: Mccain - French Fries Oven Baked, 1 g (17 pieces) 1 Cal, also indicate a problem with your logging as it is unlikely that you ate a single gram of fries.
  • lattequeen2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    To me too it looks like you are under-eating; but then again we only have a single day's of logging to go by.

And even though you ARE under-eating you are also NOT logging accurately.

Please use a kitchen scale and log by the gram where possible; there is no need to estimate in cups or tablespoons for most of the items you are eating.

Also, things such as this: Mccain - French Fries Oven Baked, 1 g (17 pieces) 1 Cal, also indicate a problem with your logging as it is unlikely that you ate a single gram of fries.

I am not good at math
    I ate 8 french fries
    I was logging right on the other site
    I measure in cups its easier for me

I am going to a party on sat how do I stop from over eating
  • Reg4502
    Reg4502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My body fluctuates all the time. Just really watch everything you are eating and drinking and increase your exercise and it will be gone in no time.
  • lattequeen2
    Options
    thanks for your advice
  • lattequeen2
    Options
    I ate 900 calories yesterday

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I ate 900 calories yesterday

No, you ate more, but still not enough. Your breakfast yesterday, you logged a 1 calorie banana, which is not likely.

You appear to be eating VERY small servings, I would highly recommend getting a food scale, they are pretty cheap, I paid $10 for mine.

• lattequeen2
    Options
    I am not sure how to use this measuring the other site I was able to write down 1/2 banana 50 calories
  • lattequeen2
    Options
    I do have a food scale but don't like the way it measure
    its a starfrit digatil scale
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Why, what's it doing? I use a starfrit, maybe I can help.
  • lattequeen2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hubby fixed it
  • lattequeen2
    Options
    my daily summery says in green 1077 left
    then it says 1200 food 753 and excercise 630 net 123
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    You need to NET 1200, but you won't know until you get your logging fixed. Go in to your diary, click on the banana entry, and change the serving to reflect what you ate as best as you can if you didn't weigh it. For example, see this: 07e365c3729v.png

And then change the serving to .5 of whatever size banana you think it was.

But from the looks of your diary, you really need to eat more.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Plus your exercise calories look very high. I walk at a pretty brisk pace and burn 300 calories in an hour.
  • blookabaugh
    blookabaugh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    See your Doctor and let him/her set your calorie count for you. Something is not adding up. I don't know how you can even exist on 500 calories. You lost the 50 lbs so you know how to do this. So do it again. MFP has all the tools you need to do this. Just give it a try.
  • lattequeen2
    Options
    but how do I add 1/2 banana ie
    Plus your exercise calories look very high. I walk at a pretty brisk pace and burn 300 calories in an hour.

that is what my treadmill says I walk at 1.8 mph for 70 min says 580
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    but how do I add 1/2 banana ie

that is what my treadmill says I walk at 1.8 mph for 70 min says 580

That is a pretty slow pace. Your treadmill is not giving you an accurate reading. I put those numbers into MFP's database, rounding your speed up to 2 mph and it says 226, which is much closer to reality.

ETA: I know the OP and I likely have different stats, but still, if you're smaller than me, OP, your burn is even lower.