Pre-Workout

Options

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I can vote for C4 being decent, I just avoided it on leg days as I got a bit spewy.

MTS Clash was my most recent one and it was amazing on chest/tricep/shoulder days, could not use it while training back or legs as it made me far too shaky and light headed!
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    negs, 600mg of caffeine, and a little nose tork.

600mg's? Be careful man, above 300mg's is when heart palpations and *kitten* start; 3mg's per kg of body weight is a decent guideline.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    C 4
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    In the past I've used c4 and liked it. These days it's just a large coffee, usually finishing it as I'm warming up.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mug of coffee and some beta alanine pills, gnc has some really good dose ones in their brand for bout 20$, skip all the BS pre wrkout crack.
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Jekyll and Hyde (two separate supplements, but often stacked. Tons of caffeine), white flood, or plain caffeine pills ( $5 for 100 tablets, 200 mg each).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    negs, 600mg of caffeine, and a little nose tork.

600mg's? Be careful man, above 300mg's is when heart palpations and *kitten* start; 3mg's per kg of body weight is a decent guideline.
    I've built a ridiculous resistance level. I'm actually on a month two of an off cycle, tested with a 30 ounce coffee and 6 ounces espresso.

Nothing. I took a nap about an hour later. I can't explain it, 200mg and 400mg does almost nothing for me, 600mg I feel it a little. I should probably knock it off for a quarter.
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Danni_peck wrote: »

I Just looked up that Liporidex Pre and the ingredients look really good. I like that they don’t use a ton of caffeine to make it work. However, maybe I’m just a broke gym rat, but its $59.99 for 36 servings on their site. Umm no thanks. I’ll stick to C4!

Yeah, $59.99 would be a reach. But then thats what amazon is for. I buy everything from there these days - and get free shipping on top of that.

The pre/t for example is only $34.99 and I’ve seen some BOGO deals pop up on many products on amazon from time to time.

http://www.amazon.com/Supplements-Liporidex-Intensifier-Endurance-vasodilation/dp/B00GTWC5YW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1425016028&sr=8-10&keywords=pre+workout

I may come back and try some of the new flavors of C4, but for me, the Liporidex PRE is way better w/o using 600 mg of caffeine. C4 is essentially using Beta alanine and arginine as the pump agents. The PRE/T from Liporidex uses Beta Alanine, Agamatine and Beet roots for pump. You can really feel it working and its not just a niacin/b-alanine “buzz”, but real endurance, less fatigue. I know we’re all different, but I was back on the black coffee and quest bar “pre” for a while too after many disappointing products. PRE/t brought me back.This stuff is the real deal.
  • dafoe88
    dafoe88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    C4, I've seen the fruit punch in a two pack at costco.
  • Rafase282
    Rafase282 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yolo9752 wrote: »
    Yeah, $59.99 would be a reach. But then thats what amazon is for. I buy everything from there these days - and get free shipping on top of that.

The pre/t for example is only $34.99 and I’ve seen some BOGO deals pop up on many products on amazon from time to time.

http://www.amazon.com/Supplements-Liporidex-Intensifier-Endurance-vasodilation/dp/B00GTWC5YW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1425016028&sr=8-10&keywords=pre+workout

I may come back and try some of the new flavors of C4, but for me, the Liporidex PRE is way better w/o using 600 mg of caffeine. C4 is essentially using Beta alanine and arginine as the pump agents. The PRE/T from Liporidex uses Beta Alanine, Agamatine and Beet roots for pump. You can really feel it working and its not just a niacin/b-alanine “buzz”, but real endurance, less fatigue. I know we’re all different, but I was back on the black coffee and quest bar “pre” for a while too after many disappointing products. PRE/t brought me back.This stuff is the real deal.

Liporidex Pre/t sounds pretty good. I currently don't use a pre workout, but I have tried numerous in the past. I need something that I can drink at night that won't keep me up. I usually workout around 630-730 and need that extra push, but don't want to not be able to sleep either.
  • yolo9752
    Options
    Rafase282 wrote: »
    I need something that I can drink at night that won't keep me up. I usually workout around 630-730 and need that extra push, but don't want to not be able to sleep either.

When I can’t make it to the gym in the morning, which is what I prefer, and workout at night I still take Liporidex Pre/t and have zero problems falling asleep. It’s not overloaded with caffeine which I like. It really just concentrates on increasing my pump and performance when I need it. Then after my workout I can move on, back to my business without feeling over stimulated.
  • vbenoit81
    vbenoit81 Posts: 22
    Options
    I currently use a pre workout from Muscle Pharm, but I have tried it all. Still not sure if this pre is working or not. I am just about half way through so I guess I should know by now! I am going to have to check out some of these other pre workouts too that I have never heard of.
  • Rafase282
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to have to give it a try. Thank you! I will let you know once I try it for the first time!
  • yolo9752
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to have to give it a try. Thank you! I will let you know once I try it for the first time!

Did you have a chance to try it?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I second the Amino Energy! It's on sale at 24 hour fitness right now, and Costco sells it too. Watermelon, strawberry lime and lemon lime are great.
  • Reg4502
    Reg4502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    I second the Amino Energy! It's on sale at 24 hour fitness right now, and Costco sells it too. Watermelon, strawberry lime and lemon lime are great.

Nice to know, thank you! I don't know about the watermelon flavor, but strawberry lime sounds great.
  • Rafase282
    Options
    yolo9752 wrote: »

Did you have a chance to try it?

Yes I have and I am 100% satisfied with it! I notice a great boost of energy with no crash. What I have noticed the most is that I am able to push myself harder than I was before. Even the people at the gym have noticed the difference in my weights. I workout at night and it doesn't keep me up, which has always been the biggest battle for me! Thank you for the recommendation, fan for life now.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    C4 is good and I can get 60 servings for around $35 on Amazon....but I have to take 2 scoops of C4. Right now I'm taking Pump Ignitor by Top Secret and 1 scoop for that does the trick. I buy it for around $20 to $25 on AllStarHeath.com
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I recommend C4 but don't take it on cardio days. Insanely stupid if you do as it increases your heart rate and it's hard as hell to run when your heart is beating at insane levels. Also, after taking pre workout supplements after a few weeks and you no longer feel the effects, you need to go cold turkey on all caffeine (coffee,soda, tea, etc.) for 2 weeks or more.