Fluctuating weight is killin' me!

Options
I've been on and off this site for a while now. But does anyone else have crazy weight fluctuations? I'm talking like 5-7 lbs in a day...

Replies

• stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I avoid weighing myself daily or even multiple times a day because of weight fluctuations. That is not unusual for me to see a 5 lb gain.
  • Sevend7
    Sevend7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and have learned over time what to expect. The difficult part is getting beyond the numbers. Just not stepping on the scale does not make them any different. Important is to do it at the same time, ideally in the morning and with the same (or none) clothing ideally after going to the restroom. Weight can fluctuate a lot especially if you eat a lot of carbs and salt. Don't freak out over it, stick with it and remember that scale weight is not everything.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    the highest i have is 5lbs but i tend to eat alot of the same things. it's totally normal. some people have much more than that. i weigh daily but now am used to the fluctuations and they no longer bother me. the only one that 'counts' is my weekly wednesday weigh in anyways
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off this site for a while now. But does anyone else have crazy weight fluctuations? I'm talking like 5-7 lbs in a day...
    on a normal day i only flucuate up to like 3lbs on a very high eating day can flucuate between 6 & 9 lbs