Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Motivational partners and/or groups needed - please!

I don't mean for this to sound like a negative post, I've just been extremely discouraged lately and I'm fed up with people who say they're there to support you and all of a sudden they're ghosts. Of course I know that no-one can help me if I can't help myself, I'm not blaming anyone for my wrong doings, I'm just saying I apparently need the help and a good support system to HELP keep me on the right track. I'm very independent and hate asking for help but I'm at a point in my life where I'm sick of making excuses for myself and I'm noticing more and more that my "friends" and "family" ONLY care about themselves. When people need me I'm ALWAYS there, this is the one time in my life that I'm truly in need of someone or a group to help me out to make better choices in life. So I guess this is like my "cry for help"?

I've lost 30lbs then gained it right back plus some. My goal weight is 180lbs for starters then once I actually reach there, I'll see if I want to continue or stick around that weight. I haven't been 180lbs since my school years and that was some time ago.... I'll be 30 in October and I know it gets harder and harder to lose the weight the older we get. I don't want to "fight" this longer than I have to. I'm seriously wanting to make lifestyle changes and frankly I don't know where or even how to begin.

My glucose/sugar runs a bit high as I'm considered to be in the Pre-Diabetic stage, I have high blood pressure (may have to go on prescription, but currently not on anything) and I've been diagnosed with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) about 4 years ago.

I'd love for some motivation and support because it's seriously needed. If anyone is local and up for meeting up to walk, bicycle, Rollerblade, light exercises, etc... I'd love to get together and become exercising/activity partners or even a group - the more the merrier.

I have a brand new pair of roller-blades in my truck just waiting to be used, I've used them once since I've bought them and I used to love blading however I have no-one to join me so naturally... they just sit there. I also have a brand new bike that has been just sitting in my room losing air in it's tires for about a year and a half due to "friends" telling me to get a bike so we can go riding together.... once I bought the bike they're never in the mood, or just straight out ignore me. So I don't bother asking anymore. I live in Miami Gardens, Florida but usually I'm always in Broward and Sunrise area's so if anyone is local to these areas and would like a light activities partner please do not hesitate to contact me. I only ask that you're not one that mentions getting together than just backs off. I've wasted so much excitement and time on people that constantly let me down, I'm over it.

Thanks.
-Angelita.

Replies

• triumphwithme247
    triumphwithme247 Posts: 5 Member
    hoping to find locals in south florida willing to meet up a few times a week for walking, bicycling, rollerblading, etc. Broward County and Miami area's. Supporting and motivating each other along the way.
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2015
    Im not in your area but can would offer some virtual support. Im on this journey and figure I would like some buddies to travel this road with me. you are welcome to friend me.
  • triumphwithme247
    triumphwithme247 Posts: 5 Member
    mdt07 wrote: »
    Im not in your area but can would offer some virtual support. Im on this journey and figure I would like some buddies to travel this road with me. you are welcome to friend me.

Hey sweetie, at this point I'll take any and all support I can get. I sent you a friend request. Thank you. :) hope you're having a lovely day!!