I've Hit A Wall

Options
I've been working out for 2 months and don't see any difference in my abs. My stomach FEELS tighter, but it doesn't look it and I'm really just about ready to call it quits. Any advice? edhw1al2ao44.jpg
glsh69hqt3iz.jpg

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself before/after to see if you have lost inches?
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and quit. That usually works out well.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seek help OP.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You look fine. I don't know your weight but based on your goal (lose 5 pounds) and picture, you are not overweight.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Um...

So what exercises are you doing?
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Omg is the wall ok?
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hanging knee raises & kettlebell swings have tightened up my core but it was probably a good 12 weeks before I noticed any difference. And less processed meats have helped but no way I am giving up bacon. Bacon is more important to me.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Um.
    #watchtalkinboutwillis
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You're going to need to drop your body fat % if you want to have visible abs. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep track of your measurements.
  • RandomChick116
    RandomChick116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Um...

2 sets of 75 full body crunches
    2 sets of 50 crunches
    2 sets of 50 sit ups
    2 sets of planking for 45 seconds
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Um...

2 sets of 50 crunches
    2 sets of 50 sit ups

What is your goal? If it is to be able to see abs, this is not going to do it for you.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ABs are made in the kitchen! Losing 5 lbs won't do it.
  • RandomChick116
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Um...

2 sets of 50 crunches
    2 sets of 50 sit ups

What is your goal? If it is to be able to see abs, this is not going to do it for you.

What would you suggest? (Based on your pic you look like you know what you're talking about... LOL) I have an ab line already and (on days where I'm less bloated) you can see the outline of my abs, but I really want definition. Any tips?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Um...

2 sets of 50 crunches
    2 sets of 50 sit ups

What would you suggest? (Based on your pic you look like you know what you're talking about... LOL) I have an ab line already and (on days where I'm less bloated) you can see the outline of my abs, but I really want definition. Any tips?

You need to do a weightlifting program with compound lifts. That alone will engage your core more than anything and since you are already pretty lean, I wouldn't even mess with a calorie deficit. You could probably eat at maintenance while lifting and see some improvement. It doesn't happen overnight, though.
  • RandomChick116
    Options
    Um...

2 sets of 50 crunches
    2 sets of 50 sit ups

You need to do a weightlifting program with compound lifts. That alone will engage your core more than anything and since you are already pretty lean, I wouldn't even mess with a calorie deficit. You could probably eat at maintenance while lifting and see some improvement. It doesn't happen overnight, though.

thank you! :)