lost 175 lbs - now at goal - now starting biggest challenge

Options
Hello!

I have lost 175 pounds in the last 14 months via the HMR decision free program. Now starting the biggest challenge, to transition my eating habits for the long term. Looking to use My Fitness Pal as for food and activity tracking.

Vince

Replies

• Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome and happy logging!
    Oh, and jeepers! 175! 'Nuff said.
  • vsheetz1
    vsheetz1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Update.

Now nearly three months into maintaining. Doing well, staying at goal weight. Keeping food diary, eating lots of fruits and vegetables, white fish and chicken.

Dawned on me the other day, I have never really had a goal of maintaining a certain weight before. I have been dieting to lose weight, or not dieting and gaining. This is a new way of life foe me.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Huge Congrats on your weight loss achievement and maintenance.
  • hummynbyrd2252
    Options
    Fantastic...way to go!!
  • vsheetz1
    Options
    Update. Since September have maintained in the 190-195 range. Tracking and calorie counting everything I eat. Eating at least 10 servings of fruits\vegetables a day, plus mostly chicken and fish for meats. Feeling good!
  • jaatree
    jaatree Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    175? wow, im gonna add you B)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome accomplishment! You are an inspiration!
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    vsheetz1 wrote: »
    Hello!

I have lost 175 pounds in the last 14 months via the HMR decision free program. Now starting the biggest challenge, to transition my eating habits for the long term. Looking to use My Fitness Pal as for food and activity tracking.

Vince

What is the HMR decision free program
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    175lb loss is fantastic! I'm glad to hear your sticking with it and feeling great!
  • msbonnieblueyes
    msbonnieblueyes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is great! I cannot seem to maintain either. I am always losing or gaining. This time once I reach my goal I plan to track what I eat to maintain
  • katbrit65
    katbrit65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic
  • robinsonapril42013
    robinsonapril42013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You inspire me, thanks. :)
  • vsheetz1
    Options
    vschwgrt1 wrote: »
    vsheetz1 wrote: »
    Hello!

Vince

What is the HMR decision free program

Google HMR diet and you will find the HMR web site. There you will find a locator to find sources that administer the program. I have been on all the programs over many years. HMR is different in that they REALLY understand what it takes to lose and keep it off. They have differing programs - disician free is a medically supervised program targeting large weight loss quickly, and changing the habits that got one to where they needed to lose a lot of weight. No pills, no fads, etc. Packaged foods,

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • peggywaydesigns
    peggywaydesigns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful what you have achieved. You are a beacon for everyone else. Keep up the good work and continue with your progress and goal.
  • KellBell113
    KellBell113 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It does me good to see this as I am just starting out and have a large amount I want to drop. incredible accomplishment! Way to go!
  • vsheetz1
    Options
    Update:

Now just over two years since reaching goal weight and have continually maintained under goal weight. Would have never believed I would like this much weight, much less keep it off. Seriously life changing.

I count everything in my fitness pal. Hit the gym three days a week for an hour of cardio and strength work. Calorie balance daily, meaning if I am over by a few hundred calories one day, I reduce by that same amount the next day.

Vince