So I need some help...

Options
So for years my weight has gone up and down. I am currently on an upswing. And I feel totally defeated. I really don't know how to stop eating. i feel really so hopeless like I have no self control. anyone that can give me any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It may sound simplistic, but you just start and you dont quit. If you feel hopeless and overwhelmed, you still push forward anyway. The reason why so many of us fail is because of our mental attitude. It seems too hard, or it will take too long, so its easier to give up. Figure out how many calories you should be eating every day, start logging, weighing and measuring everything. If you have a bad day or days and you over eat, dont beat yourself up, just push ahead and keep going the next day. You take it day by day, sometimes minute by minute and you never ever give up.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Here's some reading to get you started. It's great advice and has helped so many MFPers get going the right way.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • lepappy
    lepappy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I first started diet'n I felt the same way . What helped was portion , low calorie snacks and lots of water . Keeping active between each meal to keep my mind off eating . I usually did all my eating when I was laying around being lazy ... You start to consume so much then your mind makes you think you crave it . So you give in . But once your get into the groove of not giving in , you don't want all of the junk .
  • SwallowInTheOcean
    SwallowInTheOcean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I'm slipping back and making every wrong choice in the book I do one thing. I challenge myself to eat well for one day. Just for one day. I tell myself that if I want to have junk again tomorrow I can, but I have to wait one day. By the time tomorrow shows up I'm so excited that I made it through the day I want to do it again!

It may sound dramatic, but I really have to take weight loss one day and one pound at a time.
  • none1148
    none1148 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of support. i guess i was just at my wits end....I will try some of your suggestions. Much appreciated!