preventing excess skin?

Options
Am wondering (aside from surgery) what are some tips and advice to incorporate when working out and eating right to help prevent excess skin. I Lready have flabby parts and want to tighten those areas up and slim down tremendously.

Replies

• sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Slow weight loss minimizes excess skin. Unfortunately other factors are age, amount overweight you are/were, genetics and how long you stayed overweight. Those things you can't control now.

It can take 2-3 years for skin to tighten up as much as it ever will.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    Slow weight loss minimizes excess skin. Unfortunately other factors are age, amount overweight you are/were, genetics and how long you stayed overweight. Those things you can't control now.

The right answer.

If you want to do something for the sake of doing something, try a Vitamin E cream.
  • roeyrolex
    roeyrolex Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water and lather with cocoa butter and coconut oil. If you take baths throw epsom salt in too. All these things will help, but it mostly comes down to genetics and age.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tips and advice for Preventing excessive skin:
    Do not over eat and get so much body fat that you have excessive skin. Once you do the die is cast and you get what you got.
    How much your skin shrinks after weight lose is anybody guess. Time will tell.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Agree - plus follow a progressive lifting programme to have a decent musculature which can help

but it's mainly genetics and time
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

The right answer.

If you want to do something for the sake of doing something, try a Vitamin E cream.

A cosmotology teacher taught me a trick to do this cheap.

1: buy your fave cream
    2: buy victim in E capsules
    3: break capsule in cream (it's an oil)
    4: mix

BAM! Vitamin E cream! No idea if it does anything but it feels GOOOOOD!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Agree with what sandy said. Steady weight loss allows time for your skin to adjust, do resistance trainining to retain muscle, drink a lot of water and be patient.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Over time your skin may tighten up a bit. Good nutrition seems to help my skin.

Sadly, the consequences of obesity that can't be fully reversed aren't always made clear. This is one of those things. Thankfully you are in good company and many wear their extra skin proudly over their fit body.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm using Bio Oil every day and keeping my fingers crossed. I lost close to 80lb before and didn't have a problem, so I'm hoping I'll be lucky again. I also take Imedeen every day (can't hurt might help).
  • amandacondon425
    amandacondon425 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Tips and advice for Preventing excessive skin:
    Do not over eat and get so much body fat that you have excessive skin. Once you do the die is cast and you get what you got.
    How much your skin shrinks after weight lose is anybody guess. Time will tell.

Thanks but I don't think having a child is considered over eating so much. Granted some of it is from not eating correctly. But for you to assume well you know what that does ;)
  • amandacondon425
    amandacondon425 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys.