• Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..... What a motivation!
  • clsaltzman
    clsaltzman Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. You look incredible! I have never posted in these before, but I can relate to acne. I have tried every treatment in the book -- expensive and what works for me (for years), is plain and simple Dove bar soap (sensitive skin type). I use it to wash my face every night. In the morning, I use Neutrogena oil-free acne wash and if I have breakouts, the Neutrogena on the spot acne treatment. Before you spend the big money, try it and see what you think. Give it a month. I have never wavered from that routine because it works for me so well. For moisturizer, I use Clinique dramatically different gel (for oily skin).
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look totally awesome!

This may not be helpful, but I went through some bad adult acne in my mid to late twenties. Spent a fortune at the dermatologist, etc. What's kept it at bay for me now is Cetaphil anti-bacterial soap at night and Neutrogena spot treatment (the mild 2.5%). In the AM I use regular old apricot scrub. Witch hazel toner in the AM and PM after washing my face, which I thought would be drying and irritating but quite the opposite.

Congrats on your results!!!
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the acne treatment suggestions lol. I will definitely take it into consideration. As I said I would before, I'll show a few pics of my mother (for any moms and/or older women here). Coincidentally, her and I did the same thing. Eating healthier, controlling how much we eat, and resistance training. The only difference is she does more cardio than resistance training while I'm vice-versa.

my mom in her late 40's
    1zgrlhw.jpg

my mom in her early 50's
    14dzedc.jpg
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you and your mom look fantastic
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, but you mean you started at 40% body fat right? There is no way you are 40% body fat now.
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You both look great! Definite inspirations! Re: acne. I've had success with the very simple aspirin mask. Worth a try!
  • tintinsaab
    tintinsaab Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done. You've probably already tried it, but my kids have had good results with Freederm cream when other stuff hasn't worked.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Very, very inspiring. You are so fit! Great job.
  • stuart959
    stuart959 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Per ance, you may want to get checked by a dermatologist. I know my wife and I both had cystic ance and had to get a specialized treatment. She used mirad additionally and it really helped.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!