Right time for bodybuilding?

Options
I have been dieting since january of this year and have lost 16 kgs to present. My weight used to be 110 kgs 2-3 months ago and now its down to 94. But my goal is to go down to around 80 so that i have a nice physique. So my question is whether i should start bodybuilding now or will it be better if i started after i lost even more weight. Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Start now. The more you delay it, the longer it'll take to achieve your goals.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Start yesterday.
  • Araganz
    Araganz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »

I actually began bodybuilding 2 weeks ago but it completely halted my weight loss. Thats why i'm worried whether it would have been better to lose more weight first
  • randomtai
    Options
    Araganz wrote: »

I actually began bodybuilding 2 weeks ago but it completely halted my weight loss. Thats why i'm worried whether it would have been better to lose more weight first

You retain water when you start a lifting program. The benefits far outweigh any temporary weight gain.
  • Araganz
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

You retain water when you start a lifting program. The benefits far outweigh any temporary weight gain.

Will i start losing weight again in the near future?
  • randomtai
    Options

If you are eating at a deficit.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

Weight is a terrible health metric. Instead, focus on body composition. Take pictures. Take body measurements: neck, chest, stomach, waist, hips, upper arms, upper legs. Move these in the right directions and you’re much better off than becoming a frail little guy because you want a certain number on a scale.
  • randomtai
    Options

Weight is a terrible health metric. Instead, focus on body composition. Take pictures. Take body measurements: neck, chest, stomach, waist, hips, upper arms, upper legs. Move these in the right directions and you’re much better off than becoming a frail little guy because you want a certain number on a scale.

So much this.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

this...
  • Araganz
    Options

My maintenance is around 2400 and currently my daily calory intake is 1390. So yes i'm in a calory deficit
  • Araganz
    Options

Thnx for the advice! I'll be sure to begin measuring the changes
  • ndj1979
    Options

My maintenance is around 2400 and currently my daily calory intake is 1390. So yes i'm in a calory deficit

why is a 19 year old male only eating 1390 calories a day if your TDEE is 2400???

start lifting heavy and increase your calories to 1900 a day which is still a one pound per week loss...
  • Araganz
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

why is a 19 year old male only eating 1390 calories a day if your TDEE is 2400???

start lifting heavy and increase your calories to 1900 a day which is still a one pound per week loss...

Well when i entered all my details and set the goal to "1kg a week", it showed that i should be eating 1390. It began out at 1560 when i used to weigh 110kgs, but as i lost weight, the calory intake was also decreased
  • ndj1979
    Options

Well when i entered all my details and set the goal to "1kg a week", it showed that i should be eating 1390. It began out at 1560 when i used to weigh 110kgs, but as i lost weight, the calory intake was also decreased

ok…my suggestion is start lifting heavy and slowly increase to a 500 per day deficit, so each week add in a 100 calories until you get to 1900.

i would also suggest getting on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, starting strength, etc...
  • Araganz
    Options

ok…my suggestion is start lifting heavy and slowly increase to a 500 per day deficit, so each week add in a 100 calories until you get to 1900.

i would also suggest getting on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, starting strength, etc...

I'll start doing that then. Thnx for all the advice mate.