Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide

Options
Have anybody heard or tried Kayla Itsines bikini body guide program before?

I am thinking of getting it but it's quite expensive and I am trying to get reviews or opinions on her program before I purchase it.

Google search shows many positive reviews, however I am pretty skeptical as most of the reviews have affiliate links in them so they might be biased. I did came across a negative Kayla Itsines Review and it's the only negative one I can find.

So is there anybody who have tried her program before? Does it work? Is it worth it to pay $120 for her guide?

Thanks before!

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    No. Everything that you need to know about weight loss or getting a "bikini body" can be found online for free. Just spend an afternoon researching.
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It's good and helped me lose weight, but I agree with defmut3, all the info can be found for free online. It's just 3 x 30 minutes resistance sessions working abs/leg/full body separately. It's hard work, I warn you now! I had to stop doing it as it made me feel really ill.
  • reginalouise27
    reginalouise27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for that!

The replies and the negative review from http://www.bikinibodyguides.com/kayla-itsines-review/ is enough to convince me not to get her guide!

• jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loved this, it was so worth the money and when following a diet routine with it, it wont be so exhausting.
  • sandsa998
    sandsa998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Her program is amazing and will get you results - ONLY if you commit. It is very very challenging! But definitely rewarding.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do not spend money on it. You can google Kayla itsines workouts. OR look on pinterest. "kayla itsines week 1 monday" for example. I just printed them out. I did buy a set up weights because I thought it was a good idea. But other than that I havent bought anything else. I'm on week three and I am usually pretty sore after doing the workouts. Its just nice to have something to look at that gives me a scheduled plan.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What program doesn't work if you use a proper diet with it? P90x works, Kayla Itsines program works, Mark Rippetoe's Strating Strength works, Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 works. They all work if you dedicate yourself, progressively overload on the workouts, and have a proper diet. There are no fitness secrets anymore. NONE! Nobody is selling anything someone else isn't giving away for free. If you want a bikini body you need to do 2 things: Eat in a deficit until you lose enough fat to look good in a bikini while training weights to ensure you don't lose muscle/lean tissue along the way. Any program will just have you doing that in one way or another.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    Nobody is selling anything someone else isn't giving away for free.

Truth.

:drinker:

• Charlyfitness13
    Charlyfitness13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Kaylas program! I'm on Week 11 at the moment and will start it again after Easter. It's hard but worth it! I'm down 17lbs since 5th Jan! I do know some people who have brought their guides for a MUCH lower price from a very popular auction website (not that I condone this behaviour :wink: )
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    What program doesn't work if you use a proper diet with it? P90x works, Kayla Itsines program works, Mark Rippetoe's Strating Strength works, Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 works. They all work if you dedicate yourself, progressively overload on the workouts, and have a proper diet. There are no fitness secrets anymore. NONE! Nobody is selling anything someone else isn't giving away for free. If you want a bikini body you need to do 2 things: Eat in a deficit until you lose enough fat to look good in a bikini while training weights to ensure you don't lose muscle/lean tissue along the way. Any program will just have you doing that in one way or another.

So true. Love this response.

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    From That site...

" At $69.95, the “Clean Eating Plan” guide covers two weeks of meal planning with fat-burning foods. You can select between Regular and Vegetarian plans for the same price.

Also at $69.97, the “Twelve Week Workout Plan” provides a guide to half hour workouts that target specific problem areas of the body.
    "
    At $69.95, the “Clean Eating Plan” guide covers two weeks of meal planning with fat-burning foods. You can select between Regular and Vegetarian plans for the same price.
    What is a "clean eating"???, "fat burning foods" don't exist. We all should know and have a general sense of what "clean eating" means. Minimal processing and additives. We all know that an apple is less processed than a twinkie. No one should pay 70 dollars to get that information.
    For $119.97, the “Bikini Body Bundle” includes both the H.E.L.P eating guide and the twelve week workout guide, with a $19 savings over buying the pair separately."
    Eating guides are just preplanned meals, everyone knows how to do this. Workouts are workouts, Target the full body with resistance training and some cardio. The difference in these "quick change" courses is intensity. Nothing special here...
    Wow I didn't bother to look at the website. This seems like a complete and total rip off. For half the money I'd be happy to give you a generic "clean eating" meal plan that will basically be a 1200 calorie meal plan consisting of chicken, broccoli, rice, tilapia, almonds, and I'm sure a protein shake. In addition I'll throw in for a free a generic workout that is probably a lot of abdomen work and lots of isolation moves in the rep range of 12-15.

For that price you could actually hire someone to personalize a plan for you. Again, I feel that unless you are a competitor, you shouldn't need to hire anyone or pay for anything as the information is all available for free without even putting in that much effort into finding it. If you are a competitor or plan to compete, then you need a real coach, not a generic, one size fits all plan. I feel like this guide won't be very different from a Jillian Michael's book you can check out from the library or buy for 10 bucks.
  • reginalouise27
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the input :)

I've decided not to to buy her ebook :)
  • ashleyeatsbetter
    ashleyeatsbetter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I bought it and have only done the first week of preworkout so far! I am sweating to death afterwards! But look at the before and after pictures! Kayla knows what she's doing and is in great shape herself!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I bought it and have only done the first week of preworkout so far! I am sweating to death afterwards! But look at the before and after pictures! Kayla knows what she's doing and is in great shape herself!

Lots of people are in great shape. That doesn't mean it is a good idea for pay them $70 for information one could easily obtain for free.
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I follow her on instagram because her posts are motivational. I haven't tried any of her workouts, but the prices seem ridiculous. All you need is to get out and walk or run, or buy a $10 DVD. Just need to stick with your work out and cut out the processed food and you'll see results!
  • reginalouise27
    Options
    I follow her on instagram because her posts are motivational. I haven't tried any of her workouts, but the prices seem ridiculous. All you need is to get out and walk or run, or buy a $10 DVD. Just need to stick with your work out and cut out the processed food and you'll see results!

Truly agreed! That's exactly what this review highlighted about - http://www.bikinibodyguides.com/kayla-itsines-review/

The price is just too ridiculous and expensive!

• zaizix
    zaizix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As already mentioned, you can find the guides for free online easy enough :)
    I'm starting the guides tomorrow as part of the 6th April K2Movement she's running so if you're up for it we could motivate eachother!
  • katbean12
    katbean12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today! found the fitness and food guide for free thankfully! Although you could compose your own circuits it's really nice that someone else has already done it : )
  • kellxbelle09
    kellxbelle09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Kaylas program! I'm on Week 11 at the moment and will start it again after Easter. It's hard but worth it! I'm down 17lbs since 5th Jan! I do know some people who have brought their guides for a MUCH lower price from a very popular auction website (not that I condone this behaviour :wink: )

Hi! I just saw your post and I have to say I am feeling a little discouraged so wanted to reach out to you. When did you first notice weight loss? 17 lbs is absolutely amazing, congrats!!! I just started pre-training week 4, and have been eating between 1200-1500 clean cals a day and lo and behold the scale this morning let me know I have actually put on a few lbs :( It's disheartening to say the least, considering her workouts are SO not easy! Any advice or suggestions are welcome? Thanks!
  • Charlyfitness13
    Charlyfitness13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hi! I just saw your post and I have to say I am feeling a little discouraged so wanted to reach out to you. When did you first notice weight loss? 17 lbs is absolutely amazing, congrats!!! I just started pre-training week 4, and have been eating between 1200-1500 clean cals a day and lo and behold the scale this morning let me know I have actually put on a few lbs :( It's disheartening to say the least, considering her workouts are SO not easy! Any advice or suggestions are welcome? Thanks!

Hi kellxbelle09...
    I'm sorry your feeling discouraged. I had a big loss the first week of around 5lbs (water probably) then averaged between 1lb-1.5lbs a week after that. I started noticing a difference in my body around week 3-4. I also took progress photos every week which helped.
    I did have alot of weight to lose however. When I started I was around 30lbs overweight.
    I have started the guides again this week for week 1 and I know my weight loss will be much slower 2nd time round.
    My friend who is already tiny did the guide and she didnt lose lbs but was much leaner. I ate around 1300 a day. Not always clean, I'm a sucker for treats. I also make sure I work out on the days I dont do the guide. I have Charlotte crosbys DVD and recommend it. its so fun! Please dont feel disheartened... this exercise can only be doing good!! feel free to add me if you have any more questions :smile: