Have your kids been the ones to hurt your feelings?

Options
2»

Replies

• Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My son told me a few weeks ago that I looked like "jabba the Hut". Granted he is 12 and autistic and when I actually calmed down enough to question his comment he said because my stomch used to stick out and now it is kinda jiggle like Jabba the Hut...so I guess he thought he was giving me a compliment :laugh:
  • yessi03
    yessi03 Posts: 6
    Options
    OMG!!!! I so understand what all of you guys are going through. My daughter who is 7 constantly tells me that my stomach is wiggley and that my arms are big. Trust me when i say it still hurts my feelings so bad, and I know that she is a child and she sees how my expression changes and I get sad when she tells me, then i see her expression change because she sees how it made me feel. but she still every once in a continues to say things. The worst thing of all is that her father just sits there and tell me oh, you you hear your daughter, see whats she telling you, dont you think you should do something about it. as if i want to be this big and have everything hanging and wiggling. instead of him stating to her that i am her mother and things like that hurt my feelings. he doesnt. He just expects me to be the size i was when i met him, like after two kids it is that easy, i wish i could but that is not the way my body works.