cutting out soda

Options
I've just realised that by cutting out soda and a few biscuits, I now stay in my calorie intake without too much effort! It helps that I'm breastfeeding so have got calories set to maintain instead of lose, but still, didn't really realise how much drinks were a big issue for me!

Replies

• rdmitche1
    rdmitche1 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda altogether about a year ago. Forget the calories, I just feel so much better without it.
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda on January 4th, so about 4 months ago. I haven't even tasted any, not even Diet (which can be worse for you). It feels good, but I miss it.
  • PartyingPlatapus
    PartyingPlatapus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went into this thinking "I'm not going to make any changes yet. I'm just going to log my normal daily eating and see what that looks like". The first time I logged a soda and saw how my sugar count soared, I was horrified. I knew that soda had a ton of sugar, but somehow I didn't realize that it was basically HALF of my sugar limit for the whole day. That was about all the motivation I needed to cut it out. There's still a flat of it in my pantry, but it doesn't call to me the way it used to.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It really does add up, doesn't it? I've never been a huge pop drinker so I haven't had to cut it out. But my general beverage rule is that I drink calories that give me something good in return. I don't mind "spending" calories on a latte because I get some protein from it. But a glass of Coke doesn't really give me much good to go on so I skip it for the most part. I'll have a glass here and there or have an alcoholic drink here or there but I'd mostly rather chew my calories than drink them.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yep, I drink diet so I don't have to worry about it. I don't like drinking my calories (unless it's alcohol).
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Soda always makes my teeth feel weird. I've never been a big soda drinker, so I didn't cut it out.