How much $ is your gym?

Options
Hi,
I am just trying to get a feel for monthly prices of gyms. I am currently trying to decide between two. It is a $20 difference a month and the two are very different. I like the more expensive one, of course. They open 30 minutes early in morning, which I will use.
I just wanted to see if $77/month is totally outrageous or high average. What do you pay/month?

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Wow, I pay $30 a month for my gym and sometimes I feel like that's too much.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    $20 a month... $40 a year fee. Retro Fitness.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I pay $44/month for 2 adults.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    $30 per month.
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Wow, I pay $30 a month for my gym and sometimes I feel like that's too much.

I hear you. The one I like less is $57/month, so still high. The pricier one is super fancy. They have all of the free weight equipment I want though and like I said, I could use an extra half hour earlier in the morning.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Retro $20 / month. They're open 24 hours during the week and Until about 10 the other days.
    It really depends what the gym offers (and what you'll use). Do they have a pool, towel service, spa, etc.
    What neighborhood do you live/work in?
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I pay $72 for two adults
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness: $40 a month, open 24/7
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I paid $10 and wasn't happy, and now I pay $40 somewhere else and couldn't be more thrilled.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    $77/month is crazy in my opinion. There's a really nice gym chain in my area that is around that much and while I could afford it, I can't justify spending that much.

I'm currently paying $30/month for a gym that has plenty of cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights, pool & sauna, basketball court and racquetball courts. Pretty sure they also do yoga/spin classes for free. At the end of my current contract I can renew it for 25/month. When you subtract 20/month from health insurance I'll be paying $5/month out of pocket.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My gym is $35/month and I have a key card so I can go there 24 hours/day.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I use PF for cardio, and a real gym for weightlifting. PF is $20/mo with my black card, and the real gym is $40/mo.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    $10/mo, with a $39/year fee.

No, it's not PF.

I'm in southeastern Connecticut, for what it's worth.
  • BobTheMad
    BobTheMad Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    $30/month with no contract at LA Fitness. Plenty of cardio machines, half-olympic sized pool, decent weight floor and weight machines, full basketball court and plenty of racquetball.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    The YMCA and since I'm a young adult..I only gotta pay $24.99 monthly. $77 is way too much. Sure it might open early but so does the YMCA and there's another gym near me that is open 24 hours and it's only about $10 a month sooo..... Anyway it's really up to you if you wanna spend that much or as the Hodgetwins on Youtube put it "You can do whatever the *kitten* you wanna do!"
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I pay $10/month with no yearly fee at WorkOut World, 24/7 and they dont care what you do with free weights
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    $40 per month at our local gym. They offer a plethora of classes and have a pool.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness $20 per month, 24 hour access, tanning, massage beds/chairs, and red light therapy machine. You're on your own there, since they have no fitness classes and the "trainers" are laughable, but it's cheap :)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas and I pay $40 per month, but that includes everything....pool, fitness, racquetball, basketball, tennis, and classes.
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The YMCA and since I'm a young adult..I only gotta pay $24.99 monthly. $77 is way too much. Sure it might open early but so does the YMCA and there's another gym near me that is open 24 hours and it's only about $10 a month sooo..... Anyway it's really up to you if you wanna spend that much or as the Hodgetwins on Youtube put it "You can do whatever the *kitten* you wanna do!"

HaHa...love them. I know it is a lot of $. My Y opens at 5:30 and I am almost late for work getting there then. I am going to check out a few of the chains you all are mentioning too.