How much $ is your gym?

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    $60 for the Y. It's worth it to me. Free fitness classes that I can just drop into, free swimming classes (drop-in), free hour of babysitting, new gym equipment every 2 years, etc. Plus I've made good friends with all the nice little old ladies in an aquatics class (they're a hoot. I'm half their ages, but I think they're fun). We go out to lunch monthly too. And man, do they know how to cook (Xmas party, I'm looking at you!). My Y is also only 1 mile from a nice state park that has some good low grade hiking trails. When my oldest was in their preschool program (3 hours, 3x a week) I'd walk to the trail, hike, walk back and pick her back up. Worth every penny to me.

They also have a financial aid you can apply for, so if you can't swing that much, you can apply and if you qualify it can be lowered by like 40%.
  • sassysas014
    sassysas014 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I pay $53/month includes tax and I can use all gyms in durham region (Ontario, Canada) so I have access to over 10 gyms in a 30 min radius of where I live. The gym is Goodlife and I love it and I love the classes and its worth every penny.
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    $30 per month for me and $40 for my mom at 24 hr Super Sport so for two it's doable but I wouldn't pay $70 just for myself.....unless it included a make up artist and a complimentary post work out massage spa lol. Good luck!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I use PF for cardio, and a real gym for weightlifting. PF is $20/mo with my black card, and the real gym is $40/mo.

Why don't you do your cardio at the real gym? This would save $20 a month. Just curious.
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    shmulyeng wrote: »
    Retro $20 / month. They're open 24 hours during the week and Until about 10 the other days.
    It really depends what the gym offers (and what you'll use). Do they have a pool, towel service, spa, etc.
    What neighborhood do you live/work in?

Yes, all the bells and whistles. I am looking to work out near Moorestown NJ to be close to work.
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Live close to the YMCA. 2 Pools plus tons of equipment. 39 a month. LOVE IT
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I pay $37 per month and have 24/7 access.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I pay 35ish$ a month. But this also gives me access to jacuzzi, sauna, swimming pool and waterslides.
  • myturn15
    Options
    shells22 wrote: »
    $30 per month for me and $40 for my mom at 24 hr Super Sport so for two it's doable but I wouldn't pay $70 just for myself.....unless it included a make up artist and a complimentary post work out massage spa lol. Good luck!

Wouldn't that be great! Blow out for my hair too. There is a discount for the spa services. LOL
  • UnknownAX0
    UnknownAX0 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Almost 100$/Month
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    $72 a month for family membership at the YMCA
    - 2hrs daycare included Monday - Saturday (daycare is closed sunday) for both of my boys
    - I can attend any class I want at no extra cost
    - indoor pool
    - indoor track
    - decent weight room (squat rack and power cage in there)

Out of the options we had, the YMCA was the best fit for us.
  • myturn15
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I pay 35ish$ a month. But this also gives me access to jacuzzi, sauna, swimming pool and waterslides.

Waterslides? I would certainly use the pool there!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    $30 LA Fitness. Multiple locations suit my schedule.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I got a 24 hr fitness membership from costco for 360 for two years. I mainly run outside but it's nice to have free classes, and alternate cardio choices.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    $140 a month for a family of 5 (its $80 single person I believe) but its not a "basic" gym for whatever that is worth...
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    myturn15 wrote: »
    Mycophilia wrote: »

Waterslides? I would certainly use the pool there!

Stuff like this, only not as big and indoors.
    49d48nbkq07r.jpg
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I go to Anytime Fitness for $20 a month, it is 24/7. I also have a membership at a gym that is not as convenient, but they have a pool. I pay $30 a month there. I was paying per week to go swim and it was cheaper to join. I would give up Anytime, but it has more open space to workout in and isn't near as crowded. So, 2 gyms for $50
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    shells22 wrote: »

Now that I think about it...$70 is as much as I gotta pay for my Verizon phone bill LOL and that was the cheapest plan I could get for myself xD.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    40 a month. But I'm going to start looking for another one. It's smaller and there are other gyms that offer more for the same price.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i pay $21.50 per month which allows me to take a guest if i choose & they are open 24 hours M-F, then 7AM-8PM on weekends. Yearly renewal fee = $39.99. That allows me go to either club in my town, one of which offers free tanning & a pool. (i don't do either of these b/c i have a family history of skin cancer & can swim in my SIL's pool whenever i want, so neither was a make it or break it for me.)