Aunt Flo!

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just started Aunt Flo, and I feel like I've been run over by a steam roller. I have no energy, my period is so heavy I cannot wear tampons, and I'm craving junk. I'm just gonna do my walking, and eat my junk, but stay within my calorie range, so I should be fine.

Here's some hope for you - my period used to be horrible, like 'leaking every time out of 2 back to back overnight pads' awful.

Now it's so light I only need a regular pad and I never leak, even at night. Seriously if someone had told me how much better it would be if I lost weight, I wouldn't have waited years to do it (PMS is way worse now, but I guess you can't have everything).
  • badgerpam22
    badgerpam22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a helluva time on my period. Usually I give myself the first full day of the period to binge and relax, but then I workout lightly the rest of the week. I drink lots of water, and sleep a lot more than usual. During the week, when I get cravings, I have a mini chocolate bar, or a 100 calorie pack of chips...
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Usually about 2 pounds. And it's usually a day or 2 after it stops that I drop the 2 pounds. Like from yesterday, I dropped 2 pounds overnight, whether it was from drinking more water, eating fewer carbs, or my body releasing water from getting over the time of month, who knows. But I'll take it!
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Usually 2ish pounds. I try to not give into my cravings or I find a substitute. Like if I want chocolate I have a fiber one chocolate bar thingy or chips I have popchips or sunflower seeds. As for working out I am usually so drained after work that I just take the few days and not do anything. If I have energy I will go for a walk but I usually am just so dang out of it but then I hit the gym hard when I am done.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Honestly, none. My weigh-ins are pretty consistent from week to week regardless of the time of the month. In fact, I often weigh a little less that week for some reason.

I eat and exercise exactly the same on my period as I do off my period. Women have been having menstrual cycles forever and life just goes on. I'm lucky in that I don't have a lot of bloating, cramps, or cravings (usually), so I hardly notice it aside from having to hide tampons in my clothes when I go to the bathroom at work.
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started ovulating yesterday and stepped on the scale today and had gained 4 lbs overnight. It just varies with every woman. :)
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    MK24551 wrote: »
    Sorry Guys, this is a questions for the Ladies... So ladies I'm curious, How much do u gain when it's ur time of the month? I know everyone is different I'm just curious to see how different we all are! How do u deal with ur cravings? And working out, bc I tend to shy away during my time of the month. Thanks!

I usually get the bloat/weight gain BEFORE AF shows up, but once she shows, I have a good loss (as long as I'm doing everything right... :smiley:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    tumblr_maghxoRry41rpt9sio1_500.gif[img][/img]
  • brooke67anne
    brooke67anne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aunt Flo is very bad to me in the beginning as it lands me with 6 or so extra pounds and zero energy. But when it is all said and done, if I have kept my nutrition healthy and rich with the green leafy and take all vitamins, I end up losing about 3 pounds in addition to the excess gained from her.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    5 ish pounds, but it's just bloat. About a week after, that weight is gone and I'm no longer the antichrist.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    tumblr_maghxoRry41rpt9sio1_500.gif[img][/img]

Aaand this is why I <3 you.
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So funny that I found this thread. Was thinking about this the last week. I joined the Friday Weigh-ins group a little over a month ago and had two visits with Aunt Flo during this time. I weigh myself twice a week, usually Monday and Friday and noticed that I pick up 3-4 pounds during PMS and all through it, then drop most of it afterwards. I eat healthy all during that time and try avoid any binge snacking.

The extra poundage sucks because I feel like I'm starting all over again with my weight loss was Flo leaves. I do take Midol but only when I have cramps. Maybe the trick is take it consistently through the week?
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly and take B/C pills. I find I have the opposite weight affect. For the 3 weeks I take the pills, I am about 2 pounds heavier than the week I am off and having a period. ( I drop 2 pounds in about 36 hours and then regain 2 pounds in about 36 hours after starting taking the pills) I sort of look forward to the week off to set a new goal weight for my next 3 weeks. It is funny because I don't feel bloated normally, but I must be.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Skullshank...that is disgusting, some of us are trying to eat around here!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    MK24551 wrote: »
    Sorry Guys, this is a questions for the Ladies... So ladies I'm curious, How much do u gain when it's ur time of the month? I know everyone is different I'm just curious to see how different we all are! How do u deal with ur cravings? And working out, bc I tend to shy away during my time of the month. Thanks!

I usually gain a few pounds of water weight. In terms of cravings, forget it, lol. My cravings are horrid the week before my period. I am absolutely ravenous, and if I don't allow myself eat more I even get light headed and get the shakes...not to mention what it does to my mood. It's been that way my whole adult life. :( I usually go into maintenance the week before my period to allow myself more calories. Otherwise, I am miserable and so is everyone around me, lol. Also, going into maintenance that week saves me from binging and actually gaining weight. I would rather maintain for a week then binge for two days straight towards the end of the week when I've lost all self control and gain weight.