I don't even know what I was thinking yesterday

Options
Ahzuri
Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
I ate close to a pound worth of calories and I have no clue why I kept eating, it was like I completely reverted back to where I used to be for a day(I had issues with emotional eating before Paxil). I ate junk like it was no ones business and I feel so ashamed that I ate that much yesterday, I had been doing SOOOO good before this week(I was so happy I broke into the 240s!) and now I just want to hit my head against a brick wall. I don't know if its because I haven't been able to get to the gym this week or if its the Paxil I started taking a few weeks ago giving me a side effect but I just went insane yesterday and I am going to BUST MY *kitten* at the gym today! I know I won't be able to burn enough to make up for yesterday but I will do my best to make up for it and NEVER EVER do that again!

Replies

• amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday! i ate a TON of taco bell! ugh. its my weakness. Its HORRIBLE for you too. and now i hate the fact that i did that. and i also would like to smash my head into a brick wall. but i must carry on and work my *kitten* offf in the gym today. good luck to you today! :]
  • tamace27
    tamace27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck, one bad day does not ruin everything you accomplished but try to nip it now rather than letting it continue! I am sure your doing wonderful today!
  • Lyweeks
    Lyweeks Posts: 6
    Options
    Well out of the last 6-7days how have you done? If the other days were better than what you done before, just celebrate the victory days. If we have more victory than failure days we will still get there.
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day now and then. The wonderful thing is that you know it shouldn't have happened and you have the right frame of mind about it. Get back on that horse today and drink lots of fluids to cleanse!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I ate close to a pound worth of calories and I have no clue why I kept eating, it was like I completely reverted back to where I used to be for a day(I had issues with emotional eating before Paxil). I ate junk like it was no ones business and I feel so ashamed that I ate that much yesterday, I had been doing SOOOO good before this week(I was so happy I broke into the 240s!) and now I just want to hit my head against a brick wall. I don't know if its because I haven't been able to get to the gym this week or if its the Paxil I started taking a few weeks ago giving me a side effect but I just went insane yesterday and I am going to BUST MY *kitten* at the gym today! I know I won't be able to burn enough to make up for yesterday but I will do my best to make up for it and NEVER EVER do that again!

Yesterday happened, and it's in the past. Today is a new day and a fresh start! We all have our bad days (mine being yesterday also, but, I considered it my "cheat day" and moved on). You are doing yourself right just by logging calories, and you are obviously already more aware! Onward and upward! :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey don't beat your yourself up too much. We all fall off the foody wagon from time to time. That is why we are here. I ate Burger King yesterday!! But, I am going to pick myself back up, put my nose back to the grindstone, and make it work. And I know I will fall off the wagon again sometime or another, but when that happens I know that I will just have to work harder the next day or two. Good luck and keep your chin up - you can do it and remember - you are not alone...:flowerforyou:
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOL... I had a bit of a bad day yesterday as well... it happens.
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! I for sure have had some serious slip ups where I ate and drank and ate and drank and ate and...well, you get the picture! The point is that I'm still here and losing weight since those slip ups, and you will be too! Let it serve to motivate you and not discourage you! Congratulations on your success so far!
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. I killed it this Saturday! Big breakfast, way too much pork, movie popcorn, sprite and then chick-fil-a with about 5 of those delicious sauces! Of course it doesn't stop there on Sunday I make another big breakfast with Pancakes and Sausage no less. *Sigh* Oh well we live to fight another day and the best thing is that you recognize that it was not healthy for your body! Things will get better we all just have to keep trying.
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    think of it as your cheat day! it may have been a big cheat day lol but regardless in the long run it will keep you from plateauing!........so keep the calories at minimum today and work out very hard at the gym.....drink loads of water and green tea to boost your metabolism temporarily and you may even loose more weight than expected.

good luck!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys I feel a lot better about it. A year ago I wouldn't have even known that I had gone over so much but I am a much different person today mostly because of this place so I will continue on with my new day and eat awesomely today :D
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I had the same day. Just woke up in a funk, and grazed the entire day, eventually going close to binge mode at night. Was over by 2271 calories. It's amazing how a good night's sleep and a fresh food diary can change things though.
  • barkesu
    barkesu Posts: 3
    Options
    Yesterday was a wash. Today is a new day. I think it always helps to use the food notes in the app so you can note how you are feeling during days you go over. Were you having a stressful day, first day of your cycle, new medication, etc. to help you pin if there is some trigger. As long as you don't continue to have everyday like the day you had, you will get to your goal. Fall down, get right back up--eat healthy, exercise, rest and you'll get there.
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I might be wrong but I think one of the side effects of Paxil is increased hunger. Check it out with your Dr and then, at least you know whether that's something to be aware of.

Good for you for recognising where you slipped and for getting back on track today. We're all human, we're all going to slip up. The true sign of a winner is the person who keeps getting back up again and again.

Congrats on the weight loss so far!!