In need of more positive friends!

Options
I am in need of some friends that can help me and I can also help on my weight loss journey. I'm ready to lose it and keep it off! I've found that I can lose weight easier and I'm more motivated to keep it off if I have a support system! So whose ready to lose weight and keep it off with me! I'm am also curious about how some of you have lost weight before and what worked for you! I'm open for suggestions! ☺

Replies

• SonjaRatliff
    SonjaRatliff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 60 years old and have struggled with my weight since I started elementary school. I began to gain and just continued, with small breaks where I would lose 50 or so pounds and then gain it back. Was diagnosed with high blood in 79 and with diabetes in 93. Gained up to 375 lbs before I finally got to talk with a diabetic nutritionist who told me what carbs were and how they are metabolized in the body and how many I should have a day. Started logging my food on this site and on everydayhealth.com (which is down right now) and that seems to help me more than anything. I have lost down to 239.7 lbs and my sugars have been doing great. This is the only thing that I have found that really keeps me on track. If I am honest then the site lets me know how many calories, carbs and other things that I have had during the day and this as well as logging it on face book as well is helping to keep me honest and hopefully inspire others who are struggling.
  • kalliejerome1
    kalliejerome1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so Much. Congrats on not giving up on yourself and always trying to improve yourself. That is really awesome that much weight. That is really awesome!
  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm right at the start of my own weight loss journey and if you're wanting someone to share war stories with I'll gladly have a new friend who understands what it's like :)
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi kallejerome1 !!! My advice is, fads and gimmicks are NOT sustainable and won't work in the long run. Eat sensibly and as clean as possible. Avoid processed foods. Be honest about what you log in your food and exercise diary, and get moving! I've lost and kept over 100 pounds off the last 4 years, and have about 25 more to go. You can do it if you put your mind to it! I did!
  • TXSmiley1
    TXSmiley1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in need of some friends that can help me and I can also help on my weight loss journey. I'm ready to lose it and keep it off! I've found that I can lose weight easier and I'm more motivated to keep it off if I have a support system! So whose ready to lose weight and keep it off with me! I'm am also curious about how some of you have lost weight before and what worked for you! I'm open for suggestions! ☺

Hey hey!!!! I'm actually trying this out with my sister, but I'm in love with your positivity and would like to be accountabilibuddies!!!!

Happy Eats and remember it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • BreR7906
    BreR7906 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I am ready to get serious about my journey. I am only a week in but I am determined enough that when the cold came back last week I pushed my furniture back to open up my kitchen and living room and walked in circles, at my brisk pace, to get my walking in! Add me if you want. Good luck on your journey.
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looking for friends who interact are motivated. have a sense of humor if that's you leave a message and add B)
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and constantly on here. I'd love to have another positive friend on my friends list. I love watching people progress so that I can follow in their footsteps. Feel free to add me.
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm very positive and supportive.
    The community aspect of this site is so motivating! Feel free to friend me:):)
  • tabixat
    tabixat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm ready and willing, looking for friends also. I had success in the past but suffered with ED and a lot of body issues, hoping to do it right this time and to help others on their journey! Feel free to add I just about always follow back!