Garden of Life RAW Organic Meal

Options
I'm looking to buy this; I've never tried it. What's your experience with it or your protein powder of choice?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the raw meal, I use the garden of life raw protein, its a little gritty compared to the garden of life smooth organic plant protein. My local health food store gives samples of it, I think you can order the samples online too if you want to try it before you buy a larger container.
  • BraveWingsSheFlies
    BraveWingsSheFlies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321 — good to know; thank you.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It's really really disgusting. Tastes like chalk and doesn't dissolved in anything.
  • bepaz10
    bepaz10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Raw Meal is super thick and gets thicker by the second if you don't drink it fast. I only used a small amount and tossed the rest because I read that the company was having issues with heavy metals in their products and were trying to address that issue.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/043759_Garden_of_Life_RAW_Protein_heavy_metals.html

My favorite protein powder was the Garden of Life Raw Protein vanilla. I am hoping they are able to lower the levels of heavy metals so I can feel comfortable using it again.
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the raw meal taste-wise, I stopped using it because it has 27 grams of sugar or something around that (rice syrup I think). I have been using the Garden of Life Raw Protein instead and like it just fine, but I didn't know about the heavy metals so I'll look into that now. . .