Trying again! Begging for friends!

I need lots and lots of friends, because, man. It is tough when you're only accountable to yourself. I started having groceries delivered to work, to stop me from going out all of the time. What are your little tricks?

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Hey, I'll be your friend and cheerleader!

Food prep is really important to avoid snacking on fatty foods and turing to junk meals. So you seem to have that one covered! I'd also suggest planning your food out for the day in advance, so you know you are staying within your calorie allowance.

If you have a lot of weight to lose, break it down into smaller goals. Reward yourself when you reach your mini goals - not with food, but with something nice like a new nail vanish or something.

Exercise - I don't know if you currently exercise, but if you don't - do! If you already do exercise, then awesome. To make sure you get your exercise in each week, put it in your diary like you would any other commitment and stick to it. It will soon become habit.

Try new foods. Look at healthy recipes online.

Most importantly don't go into crazy diet mode where you only eat salad and dust. You need your diet to be maintainable, so make sure you still have your favorite foods and make them fit your allowance.

Good luck!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Prelogging my food, making sure that I don't deny myself ANY foods... just learn to have smaller portions than what I was used to... And not kicking myself to death if I ever have days that I go over. Life happens, log it and move on. :flowerforyou:
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    You can friend me! I also prelog my food the prior night and then edit as needed. I like having a plan.
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Feel free to add me on here and Instagram... EllySecret30. :)
  • JPNH2009
    JPNH2009 Posts: 5 Member
    Kim, friend me. I am starting again too!!!
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    I like to plan all my meals ahead of time except for diner. I know that night time is my overeating time so I like to try to leave my self 400 to 500 calories left for night time. some people might think thats crazy but you have to plan for your rough times. if your an afternoon snacker then plan low calorie diners ect. I also havr to tell my self slow and steady is fine at first i was trying 1200 calories and having migrains and days where i would benge eat because i was so deprived i decided to up my calories to 1600 and its working out pretty good. I am no pro though this is my fourth week using fitness pal, but this is whats worked for me. I'll send ya a friend request
  • kaylaaah88
    kaylaaah88 Posts: 40 Member
    Definitely agree with Brittani about doing this steadily. Initially I had my goal set at 1210 and I was miserable. Now I have it at 1650 without exercise and I'm much happier. And I've managed to stay on track and accountable as well as maintaining my weight loss. My weakness is when I'm driving home after work. I pass a lot of fast food places and always want to stop because I'm starving after work (I work at a busy bar, no time for food). I bring a snack or something to leave in my car so I have something to munch on instead of giving in to temptation.
  • stephturner
    stephturner Posts: 1 Member
    You can friend me as well, I'm 36 days into my "again" together we can do this!
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Add me. I'm 21 and I love seeing everyone on my friend list make progress.