Fit bits, do they work with MFP good?

Options
I have been doing the Insanity workout and I want to be sure I'm staying within my HR range and to track calories burned. Will a FitBit be the answer?

Replies

• jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    FIt bit has been good for steps / distance for me , but when it should count a high HR it is still reading around 120 BPM for me , however my husbands counts his HR better and is much closer for him , I think they can if the fit on your wrist is correct ,
    I think that a chest tape monitor if you are only wanting to track your HR might be better
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My fitbit does an excellent job of logging my steps and inspiring me to move more during the day. I am quite goal-oriented and data driven, so I very much enjoy competing with myself to get more and more steps. As far as organized exercise though (treadmill, fitness trampoline, fitness videos, cycling), I use my heart rate monitor to log my calorie burns.
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My charge hr also does an amazing job with the steps and heart rate. If i can see the numbers, i do much better in the day (hate those darn floors though)
  • jonpat21
    jonpat21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My charge hr also does an amazing job with the steps and heart rate. If i can see the numbers, i do much better in the day (hate those darn floors though)

That's what I was thinking about getting was a Charge HR! Is it pretty comfortable?
  • jonpat21
    jonpat21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My fitbit does an excellent job of logging my steps and inspiring me to move more during the day. I am quite goal-oriented and data driven, so I very much enjoy competing with myself to get more and more steps. As far as organized exercise though (treadmill, fitness trampoline, fitness videos, cycling), I use my heart rate monitor to log my calorie burns.

I just feel like I'm not getting correct data just using a "joe shmoe" calculator for my calories burned on the internet.