Finally, the bod of a celeb?

kbdelarosa
kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Here is an interesting little factoid... I have the exact height and measurements as Kim Kardashian, funny she weighs 117 and I am 130....how is that possible? She said she is size 2's, funny I just bought my first pair of size 6's (size 6 jeans and three different stores-yay!). Maybe her brain is empty so that is what there is a 13 lb difference? Ok, that was mean and I actually admit to watching the show every once in awhile. Maybe I have more muscle than her?:

She wrote on her blog: I am a size 27 jeans… My measurements are 34, 26, 39. But remember I am 5’2″ and 1/2 and everyone carries their weight in different places. My body frame is small, but since I have curves, many people assume I am bigger and wear a bigger size in jeans. This is simply not the case! The misconception carries over to my weight, too. I am right under 120 lbs, but a lot of people have been shocked to hear that and have accused me of lying! Haha. (…)

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    I often have thought that they lie about their weight. You look at them and just KNOW that you are smaller or the same size as them and yet they claim that they weight much less than you do. It can be very confusing and frustrating.

I try not to focus on what they say about weight anymore.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    OH this is good stuff. She looks fantastic (I know not everyone agrees) and yes a lot of dudes drool over her. I never could understand how you keep curves with a size 2 waist - how is that possible.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    I don't know....I've met her before at an event, and she is wicked tiny. She looks way bigger/curvier on tv/photos than in real life...I totally believe she's a size 27 jean...
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Let me start off by saying that I think she is very pretty, BUT, I find it hard to believe that her bottom fits into a size 2.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    She lies. There is no way she is a TWO! No way!!
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    well.... i sometimes wear a 27, and that is NOT the same thing as a 2.

Size 27 is equivalent to size 5/6 or sometimes even 7.

so, maybe she's a 2 up top, and a 27 on the bottom? i dk... but a 27 is DEFINITELY not the same as a 2 in pants.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    KIm weighs 117?! No way, she looks like she weighs at least 135. at least. Not to be rude or anything!!
  • kbdelarosa
    AND two weeks ago on Dancing the With the Stars Kirstie Alley said she started the show being a size ten and is down to a size six. She looks great but no $%^&*( way is she a size six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    They lie about their weight all the time and she is no different.
  • lisabel87
    Oh and a size 27 is the equivalent of a size 4, because all my jeans are a 27. I'm 130 btw.
  • gpschob
    gpschob Posts: 16
    who is Kim Kardashian?
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    No way Kirstie Ally is a size 6. Where's she shopping? Come on! She is at least a 12-14 if not bigger. I mean who am I to judge but really? Does she all think we're smoking crack?
  • cpbarrett
    cpbarrett Posts: 33 Member
    34-26-39? How do 39" hips fit into a size 2?!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Does it really matter....?
  • lisabel87
    I mean ya never know. I heard that J.Hudson weighs 120 and she is 5'9. But she looks like she weighs more. People carry their weight so differently!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    I wouldn't put it past her for exaggerating (or whatever the opposite of that is!). People get so obsessed with celebrities' bodies, I might be tempted to give myself a little credit, too.

On the other hand - if you've ever seen a celebrity in real life, you'll know that the camera TRULY adds weight. Serious weight. Especially on someone who's short because you can't really see that they're short when they're on the screen. So their curves look exaggerated. Years ago, I went to a live taping of a now-defunct morning show called Mike and Matty -- and Matty was so skinny, I was distracted from the interviews, I was so worried about her. She looked small but healthy on my tv at home, but emaciated in real life.

One last thing -- different designers size things differently. I'm a comfortable size 4 in Ann Taylor jeans, but an 8 in Lee.
  • wiggleroom
    who is Kim Kardashian?

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    AND two weeks ago on Dancing the With the Stars Kirstie Alley said she started the show being a size ten and is down to a size six. She looks great but no $%^&*( way is she a size six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I agree, she looks heavier than I do and I am in a size 16-18 pants. There is not way she started a size 10.
  • kbdelarosa
    I guess it doesn't really matter but when you are built just like her you wonder (thanks to my grandma, my mom is apple shaped, I sometimes wonder if I am adopted-ha). I have 39.5" hips and barely get in a size 6. I would like her face too, she is gorgeous, I am stuck with freckles and big ears!
  • wiggleroom
    (Can I just interject here that I am SO glad I'm not a celebrity! I stress out enough thinking about what people behind me in the grocery store are thinking about my huge butt -- I can't imagine having it broadcast all over the world. And yes, they chose their fame, but ... I don't know. It's just sad!)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!